Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OUCH!

I haven't posted a daily find in some time because other than Gas money
    and a bit here and a bob there, there has been nothing worthy of a post.
    Hit up some of my favorite homeless spots and the finds were worse than dismal.
    One days pickings

A busted military button.

And 2 finds from near an old nunnery. First is a silvered candle holder.

And a celebration of their 100th year.

Today was somewhat better. It started out a a school I have never really spent any time at before.
    And this was the first keeper.

The next target of note was a two for one.  Both silver. PS in Canada coins were silver until 1967 .

Mother nature called so I changed locations and things improved somewhat.  :blush:
    Mundane and stuff first. Just to draw it out don't you know. 
    Recyclables.

Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

And gas money.

This one on the left had me going at first as I was in the same place where Micheal ( a friend and fellow MDer) pulled his 1795 4 reales.
    Just like the US coins they are both copper clad and rang up just like silver.

Then I did hit silver. A nice little ring.

And here's the silver for the day all together.

Well by now it's 4 o'clock and starting to rain and I head for the trash can to empty out the garbage.
    Along the way I hit this nice round ball at 3"

And this is also where the big ouch comes in not 50" further I get another penny signal at 2".
    The pinpointer is picking it up at the surface so I open up a small plug but nothing.
    Dig a little deeper and wider, now the signal is intense.
    Move more dirt out of the way and I see brass.
    Grab the large Lesche and pop this out of the ground.
    I have no idea if it is real or a modern replica. But someone had a real hate on for this one for sure.
    BIG PS here CHASE I am keeping this one. :woohoo:

Bruce

Comment

Bruce

Comment

i love reading your MD threads
        that hawk pipe is cool

Comment

Hey Bruce, I am enjoying your posts and hope you stick around. SO Please be very careful with that dangerous trash my friend.
          Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

2ndoldman wrote:

Move more dirt out of the way and I see brass.
            That is one great relic find!

Comment

All your finds are great Bruce. The first pic??? Well I have cleaned that up myself. I am not sure why? Well just to make sure kids do not get stabbed.
              Thanks for sharing! Just don't understand why people are not responsible?
              Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

awesome finds I am with Chase and also with Ron be careful the glass pipes may be a hazard but the needles are medical waste and should be disposed of with great care. Man what is wrong with people?
                That Pipe hawk is special I bet that made your day
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I am very careful with those needles guys. I wear gloves at all times and give them to the city workers for proper disposal.
                  Matt you can bet your boots that that was my find of the day. :woohoo:  :woohoo:  :woohoo:
                  It was found at an old Catholic nunnery here in Victoria. I can see them hating everything native.
                  Can you picture an old catholic nun beating the crap out of a native tomahawk.
                  So here's hoping it's authentic.
                  Bruce

Comment

Working...
                  X