A camp I found ten years ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A camp I found ten years ago

I done some crazy stuff, but this was just stupid. I have wanted to go to a site I found ten years ago. This site I walked into which is two miles of down hill the first time. This time I drove down which was nothing but a boulder field. I bottomed out many times. I got down there and worried about getting out but did. The next day I got smart and took the ATV along with my dad. We found a few things but the smile on his face was priceless. We went out the next day and that put a smile on mine and his face that you could not wipe off if you tried to. I know that our times getting out are few and far between and special. On the way down he said to me, "You know son its only been fifty years since we started this crazy hobby". When I see dads/mothers take their kids out and do outdoor recreation I remember all of the good times and fortunate life I have had.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2454.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	225524 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2440.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	281.8 KB
ID:	225525
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Great finds Chase!

Comment

chase i cant help but think you have posted that pic of that camp before. if my memory serves me right there was a discussion about how the dry air preserves those old leaning logs. I may be getting my memories mixed up but that camp pic sure llooks familiiar to me, prolly two years or so ago? Anyway that is a neat spot and a pile of good finds.

Comment

• chase
        chase commented
        Editing a comment
        No this place is ten years old I remember that discussion. I ran into this but got thunder got me out of there. let me show you i have found other sites. Thanks!!!

Cool spot and finds. I think I remember that conversation too.
      South Dakota

Comment

Awesome chase !! Not to many places u can hunt for points with a metal detector
        As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
        NW Arkansas

Comment

This a recent trip?. Glad you and your Dad found the time to get out and do some searching together. Good post.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Great looking camp only needs some more brush and hides to make a proper shelter from the sun and elements. Great finds Chase glad to hear you and your Dad went together.
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Kurt here I was a mile away. Click image for larger version

Name:	wickeup1 (800x600).jpg
Views:	22
Size:	505.6 KB
ID:	225560
              Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Awesome pics Chase I remember this picture as well. I had thought they were both the same camp but now that you shared this I can see the difference. This type shelter was called a Wikiup. Chase I know you are all for preservation of the past and also all for sharing your great finds have you ever divulged these sites to the Colorado Wikiup project? http://www.dargnet.org/projects/cwp/index-cwp.html
                Last edited by Hoss; 09-21-2016, 03:20 PM.
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
                X