Nickles and silver the easy way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nickles and silver the easy way.

Well the first thing that I did after my trip was unload the car and start cleaning my finds.
    The second thing was to make my annual pilgrimage to the petting zoo to pick up my bag of goodies.
    The petting zoo gets visitors from all over the world each year.
    Since it is a non profit volunteer business they don't post an actual entry fee at the gate.
    What they do is have a big drum where people put any amount in that they wish.
    And that means that each year they get piles of coins from all over the world that people have dumped into the barrel.
    The problem is that no one anywhere will exchange world coins for cash and the petting zoo gets stuck with these.
    This years coin bag had 520 items in it.
    Which I in turn dump onto our sandy beaches and turn into cold hard cash for them. Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	227824
    The first thing that do with this bag is dump it out and check to see if there is anything that shouldn't be tossed on the beaches.
    And then I count and sort them for the pictures.
    This year it seems that at least one person with a detector visited the kids zoo.
    What do you guys think, did I get it right? Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	227825 I try to sort out the tokens and oddball stuff.
    The battery and button will not be tossed. Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	227826 But quite often I miss a token or two. Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	227827 Then I sort out the most common coins to see which countries are represented the most often by their contributions. Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	227828 And then I lay out the rest of them. Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Size:	170.3 KB
ID:	227829 I did not take an accurate count of the number of countries represented here but it is in excess of 50.
    Enter the shameless advertisement.
    If any of you folks back east or across the pond wish to share some of those crusty old coppers that you find.
    You guys know the ones I am talking about.
    The ones that are only collecting dust but you have no idea what to do with them.
    Well send them to me and I promise that I will turn them into fun for the locals and cash for the zoo.

Lastly the reason for the title.
    When I see what some people empty out of their pockets I can totally understand coin roll hunting in the wintertime. Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	227830
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Wow! Lots of good stuff
    South Dakota

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I hope that the locals have fun finding it when I toss it all away.

it don't look like to many folks from mississippi made it to the zoo or if they did they didnt put anything in the barrel but corndog wrappers.

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      That's funny. :-) :-) :-)
Working...
X