Slim pickings. Well sort of.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slim pickings. Well sort of.

I have been hitting new areas over the last three days.
    And I found everything but the kitchen sink in the trash department.
    The mooch is looking for tennis balls.
    Every time I bring one home he steals it and tears it to ribbons. Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	239.6 KB
ID:	238534 Sometimes the junk is either interesting or still usable.
    The pen is brand new,the light still works and the Panda pin is from the Chinese exhibit.
    I wish the toy car had been whole but beggars can't be choosy. Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	238535 I was chasing after each and every brass signal in the hopes of pulling an old button.
    This was from day one of the three day hunt Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	254.1 KB
ID:	238536 And this is from day two and three.
    I ran out of room on the table after day one. Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	276.3 KB
ID:	238537 PS that bauble to the left of the shell casings has the first honest advertising I have seen on junk jewelry in a long tome. Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	221.4 KB
ID:	238538 Sadly these were the only buttons to make their presence known to my coil.
    Can any of you hear the spring birds chirping?
    Cheap cheap cheap. Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	304.5 KB
ID:	238539 Why is all of the modern stuff made so cheaply? Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	272.9 KB
ID:	238540
    Plucking up the spendables keeps my quads in shape. Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	318.6 KB
ID:	238541
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

The slim pickings referred to the actual keepers.
    This is an interesting silver ring.
    The only markings are the makers mark. Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	238543 It is the stone that is interesting though.
    Has anyone ever seen a pale green stone like this before? Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	238544 This find is a heart breaker for me at the moment. Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Size:	241.7 KB
ID:	238545 And that is because I didn't take my normal in-situ picture.
    There was a thin brass pin about 6-7 inches long that came out of the hole at the same time.
    And even though I retraced my steps twice it evaded my coil afterwards.
    I am positive that this was a Victorian era hat pin. Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	250.4 KB
ID:	238546Click image for larger version

Name:	13.jpg
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	238547 The final keeper is just another silver sailboat. Click image for larger version

Name:	14.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	370.2 KB
ID:	238548Click image for larger version

Name:	15.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	259.5 KB
ID:	238549
    PS on the upside. I have come up with a plan to stop the rising ocean waters around Vancouver island.
    I figure that if all of the metal found by us detectorists here on the island is sent off for recycling. Click image for larger version

Name:	16.gif
Views:	30
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	238550
    Pretty soon this island will float.
    Bruce

Comment

I don't know about it floating Bruce, but with all this global warming going on, if you hold onto it long enough you wont have to send it off the island. Thanks for sharing with us. ...Chuck
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Some good finds, the license plate is a good find, they sell at flee market for $5. and up
        South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Originally posted by willjo View Post
          Some good finds, the license plate is a good find, they sell at flee market for $5. and up
          I might have kept it if it had been in better condition Johnny.
          This is the only license plate that I have found worth keeping. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpVrKqvYAM.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	238592
          Bruce

Comment

• willjo
            willjo commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice old one

Bruce!!! You found a dog!!! lol just foolin about...that stone looks like jade maybe...license plate is a neat find and an old one at that in pretty good condition...
          The chase is better than the catch...
          I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Looks like that detector is going off all the time, I got to say I caught myself watching the lil guy dancing, lol.

Comment

• 2ndoldman
              2ndoldman commented
              Editing a comment
              I do like adding a little animation to my posts.
              There are some places where I have hit hard already that the detector is absolutely silent and new places where it never stops going off.
              My preference is for a bit of both. In the silent areas it is very easy to listen for those very faint and deep targets.
              however swinging a 6 pound detector back and forth endlessly for hours without getting a target is both a real pain in the arm and shoulder and a moral letdown. An area with lots of targets that is not to trashy with modern crap is a great area in my books.
          Working...
          X