Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recipes for bbq...etc...what have ya got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope the party went well. Even as a Red Sox fan, I'm pulling for the Cubs. Epstein is a genius. Chicken looks great too.

Comment

Rockin good man!!!
      Last edited by BabaORiley; 10-24-2016, 04:20 PM.
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• p kurt
        p kurt commented
        Editing a comment
        Thought of your post when I fixed these

P Kurt, those off set smokers aren't pretty or small, but they are the best smokers around especially if you have some decent sources of wood.

I'd say a decent brine recipe, a solid dry rub, decent mop sauce and matching the right kind of wood to the meat is 98% of the battle. If you get a couple of those even sort of right it'll taste better than almost anything in a normal chain restaurant.

The one thing I like in some of my mop sauces & brines is replacing some of the apple cider vinegar or water with splash of jalapeno juice (the pickle liquid.) It's not too spicy, but adds decent flavor.
      Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• p kurt
        p kurt commented
        Editing a comment
        Jalapeno pickling liquid sounds great, I will try it next go around , thanks.

'Southern Blues' is a great sauce.

Comment

Comment

Just resurrecting a post from last year around this time. Its 'cueing/grillin/smoking season. With the diversity that we have around North America on this site I think we can get some good recipes posted here. Anything at all...whatever you like...Uncle Bubbas Banjo Sauce from Mississippi or Mama Ruth's tater salad...P Kurt posted a killer chicken method last year that is awesome...So lets hear it gang...North, south, east, west...C'mon!!! what ya got? Feathers, fur, fins...anything...ladies I'm counting on you here also

Comment

Been lucky enough not to have to make sauce for awhile and picked up a couple store sauces, K.C. M/P Chipotle and Gates original, both great. The KC has a classic taste with a little kick and The Gates has a strong tomato,vinegar and even Celery flavor. One sauce is going to be better on certain things than others like I wouldn't use Gates on ribs but would use the KC on them. The Gates might be better on grilled Chicken than The K.C..

Picked up some good Burgers recently You can make Yourself. Some had chopped Jalapeno and Cheddar and some had chopped Swiss and Mushroom. Maybe Onion and something else (Bacon or Cheese) would be good.

But I promise if You wrap (good) Ribs in Foil to Smoke They will be plenty Smoky and should be even more Juicy/moist. Only open Foil once about 3/4 way done cooking to put Sauce in, times vary lol. Temp of 285 is about what works best for Me. The Foil also helps to not cause them to burn if You're Fire get's too hot.
            Last edited by JoshinMO; 05-28-2017, 08:24 AM.
            http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Thanks Josh. I'm thinking burgers 2morrow...now come on you pointheads...lets see some posts dagnabbit!!!

Comment

Use a Green Egg smoker at 250 degrees with cherry or maple wood chips. Rub ribs with garlic powder. Set ribs in a rib rack & spritz every 30-40 min. with a mixture of apple cider & vinegar. Cook approx 3 hrs. Falls off the bones. Serve with molasses beans, cornbread & grilled pineapple.
                Child of the tides

Comment

Sounds killer Haven. Can ya post the molasses beans recipe?

Comment

Working...
                  X