Views:	29
Size:	594.4 KB
ID:	238370

And, Time's Man of the Year for 2007!
    But, ya know.. I think we should take another look at this guy
    [YT]nY3Uz4ELwM0[/YT]

[YT]WBTAr66H14A[/YT]

Resurrection of the KGB
    The new agency revives the name of Stalin’s secret police and will be larger and more powerful than today’s FSB.

[YT]H9_8IK3Sy8E[/YT]

The kompromat blues: Oui Oui/net? I believe that when the tax returns are made public, the matter will be settled.

[YT]3zHsFxQYjz4[/YT]

[YT]M1crYavhnv4[/YT]

Trump: Putin 'very smart' for decision to withhold sanctions
    President-elect Donald Trump deemed Russian President Vladimir Putin “very smart” Friday for withholding reciprocal sanctions on the US, at least for the time being.

Putin: Those Who Spread Fake Allegations About Trump Are ‘Worse Than Prostitutes

[YT]DcMLfgRZXBM[/YT]

If anyone would like to post links or respond, please keep it civil. The artifact community is an intelligent lot,
    and should have a place to voice it's concerns. Thanks Guys!

If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Many of us up here in Canada are holding our breath because we are very concerned about the goings-on down there. To keep it civil I will say no more.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Hmm, I am suprised we didn't see this kind of intrest when our current president associated with "groups" that are as unamerican as one can get. Our country has been shaken to the core by eight years of race bating , total disrespect for military and law enforcement, and overall terrible leadership. I agree trump would not be my first pic, but the disgust of small splinter group leftists has led the larger interior of the country to say enough is enough. Those of us who sat in disgust whatching our soon to be previous president did not bring it up here.

Comment

Well that didn't take long.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Well, doesn't matter much at this point in time, but clearly many more Americans thought our current President did a good job. Those who had negative opinions of our current President are in the minority at this point. Among modern administrations, he ranks quite high in fact.....

Rhode Island

Comment

Olden, I thought this was an excellent analysis of Putin's long term goals.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...ng-game-214589

The Russian interference in our election was an attack on our sovereignty. It still surprises me that so many Americans are willing to look the other way. I guess some do so because they regard what was revealed by the leaks and emails more important then the fact Putin was willing to use the new information warfare to actually undermine our sovereignty as a nation state. Some, like Sen. McCain are willing to call it an act of war. At the same time, it is certainly fair to point out that our own CIA interfered in other democracies. And they did so many times in fact. Still, that so many Americans just don't care where Russian interference is concerned does surprise me.

The whole phenomena of fake news must be playing some role here. What is particularly frustrating in that regard is that the future of this development is quite clear: if one does not like what is said regarding Trump, one just labels what one does not want to hear as "fake news".

Since Thomas Jefferson and James Madison both understood that a healthy functioning democracy depends on an educated electorate, the rise of "fake news" is likely the most democracy-damaging development in the entire history of the American Republic. It is that serious. That we are willing to actually do this to ourselves, with so many blind to what it represents, astounds me. And truly, at this point, it gives me very little hope that our democracy can survive it. I find it that worrisome a development. It is the reason Trump aide Kelly Conway will serve as a true Minister of Propaganda, to label any inconvenient truth, "fake news".

Trump will simply continue to use Twitter to label any news he disapproves of as "fake". Those of his followers who are essentially locked into a cult of personality, and who believe it is impossible for Trump to ever be wrong, will simply believe him, and relieve themselves of the necessity of using their own minds to ferret out the truth. Such followers, which certainly are not all of Trump's support, will believe only what they want to believe. This new post truth era will erode our democratic institutions like no other development in the history of this republic, IMHO. Please understand, I am not saying all Trump supporters have bought into a cult of personality, but those who have been fooled by his demagogue methods most certainly have. I do believe we are very close to a civil war in the United States.
            Last edited by CMD; 01-18-2017, 10:07 AM.
            Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
            X