yesterday was,but today was better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yesterday was,but today was better

many,if any of know that yesterday was my birthday.

i wanted to get out and do a little calling for coyotes,but the wife was feeling ill so stayed home and played nurse maid to her all day.
    not exactly what i wanted to do on my birthday,but when you love some one you do whats best for them and not for your self.

she told me to go,but i said no and that i didnt mind spending my day taking care of her.
    she then said she felt bad that she was ill because she wanted to take me to see John Wick 2 and then to cabelas for my birthday.i told her not to worry about it and that i didnt like going to theateres any how .

well today she was feeling much better so we went to cabelas and she told me to get what ever i wanted.
    so i looked at lots of different hand guns and AR style rifles,safes, and hunting gear.this is the first time i have ever been in an outdoors store and not able to decide what i wanted to get.

then the wife noticed that in the far corner,almost hidden from sight they had Henry rifles.
    she knows i have always wanted to own a Henry Big Boy.

so i asked the guy behind he counter if they had one in .45-70 govt.
    they did,but they dont any more.now i have one
    FINALLY I OWN A HENRY!!!!!!! ive wanted one of these since i was about ten years old and got to use one on a squirrel hunt(.22 cal henry)
    im hoping to get drawn for my first ever bear season here in MN this year,if so i will be packing this bad ass rifle along for the hunt.

then she said since this rifle was much cheaper than an AR(which she expected me to buy) that i could also get a new hunting blind.
    she knows that the one i have gets very crowded and uncomfortable during turkey season(s) with three of us in it at one time.
    so i got one big enough for four hunters and tall enough to be able to stand up in with out hitting your head on the top of it.

herse a couple of pics of the awesome gifts my very lovely and loving wife let me pick out

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3460.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	240701

Name:	100_3461.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	240702

Name:	100_3462.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	240703

thanks for looking and reading my long winded post

tim

great gifts! happy bday!
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like the delay was well worth it!!
      Child of the tides

Comment

thanks for the birthday wishes

yes it was worth the wait, im just glad my beautiful bride is feeling better

Comment

You got me drooling, I,m a gun nut and hunter too, you've got a great wife! Happy birthday!

Comment

Originally posted by rock ON. View Post
            You got me drooling, I,m a gun nut and hunter too, you've got a great wife! Happy birthday!
            thank you
            other than artifacts and flint knapping
            guns and hunting are two things i am very passionate about

Comment

Good looking Rifle!
              http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

thanks Josh

Comment

That is a beautiful shooting iron! Happy Belated Birthday!
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

That's one sweet looking rifle Sneaky. Let us know how it shoots after you use it. Oh, and Happy Birthyday. ...Chuck
                    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion68 View Post
                      That's one sweet looking rifle Sneaky. Let us know how it shoots after you use it. Oh, and Happy Birthyday. ...Chuck
                      thanks chuck,and will do.its going to be a couple of weeks before i am able to shoot it.got a knap in this coming weekend,but the weekend after if the range is open i plan putting some rounds down range

Comment

Happy Belated Birthday, and congrats on the new rifle. It's a beauty
                        South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                        X