Bow season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bow season

Well bow season started this morning in Arkansas , my 13 year old killed his first deer and with a bow .... That was a treat .... He put his own stand up and I dropped him off at daylight with in an hour he had him a seven point !!!! I killed a bear that gained a lot of ground shrinkage but still leagal ,,,, anyway last weekend we dig some points but just ain't posted them yet but will soon .... Day to remember
    As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
    NW Arkansas

congrats on the kills
    my dad got his bear last weekend,only about 200lbs or so

i seen several does last week end but never had a shooting opportunity
    gonna be back in the woods by about 5:30 tomorrow morning

Comment

oh man congrats on a big day. those are the days that make ya feel good over and over again.

Comment

Awesome day! Bear and buck....nice hunt. That bear will be a good eater. I once got some grain fed bear meat from a guy that was watching the animal for a while and said it was gorging on oats and corn...best wild game I ever had...congrats on a great hunt!!!
        The chase is better than the catch...
        I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Thanks guys , it was a day that will make me smile over and over !!!! He blood trailed him like a pro and even had some come in on him a little earlier but didn't take the shot because he said he never would turn and present a shot .... Later on in the day my neighbor stopped in with a 300# plus black bear he shot ... Wow what a animal

Everett Williams ,
          NW Arkansas

Comment

Agree - it was awesome for opening day. Does your state have a limit on the number of bear taken for the season. ...Chuck
            Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion68 View Post
              Agree - it was awesome for opening day. Does your state have a limit on the number of bear taken for the season. ...Chuck
              Yes 205 can be taken in my zone

Everett Williams ,
              NW Arkansas

Comment

Hey Everett, Great hunt and lots of good meals right there. I like bear meat better than venison.
                Michigan Yooper
                If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

way to go waiting for the right shot. nice hunt, glad for you both. my son also made his first kill with his bow a 5 point.

Comment

Working...
                  X