Super Moon for Landlubbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Moon for Landlubbers

For those of you who are landlocked, thought you might enjoy seeing the Super Moon as it rose over the Outer Banks of NC. High tide, no wind, and Mr. Moon was shining!
    Child of the tides

Very nice, and how calm! The moon setting just before dawn was also a fine site to behold.
    If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

Love it, the OBX are the central location of my other obsession fishing. Great pic.
      N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• Havenhunter
        Havenhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        It's quiet down here right now. Haven't been over the bridge to Hatteras yet so maybe they're fishing down there. Will check it out tomorrow-- the Jeep needs a sand run!

That is an awesome picture Deb. Thanks for sharing the Moon over the water. We have been having forest fires in East TN. Because of the drought conditions here 14,000 acres have burned in East Tennessee counties and have caused a lot of smoke in the air. It really hurt the view for us. My Fiancee Kim was saddened so I put this Tortilla up in the window to surprise her. It fooled our dog Champ who immediately began to howl. Kim not so much! Click image for larger version

Name:	tortilla.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	231643
      According to the State Division of Forestry, there are 74 wildfires currently burning in Tennessee that have charred over 13,000 acres. That figure, from the Division’s daily fire report, inc…
      Last edited by Hoss; 11-16-2016, 08:25 PM.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Havenhunter
        Havenhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Gee, all you need is a wedge of green cheese to go with it!😆
        Seriously, I've been reading about the fires & drought in the SE. Fortunately both eastern VA & eastern NC have been getting just enough rain to keep the woods & fallen leaves damp. Perhaps La Niña will bring you rain or snow this winter

• Hoss
        Hoss commented
        Editing a comment
        We really need it bad. We had 7 inches less rainfall than average this year. It rained only one time in Oct. and one time in Sept.

Thanks Deb, That's a great picture.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image_22157.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	231670
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

I enjoyed the views as well.
        South Dakota

Comment