His first deer hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• His first deer hunt

My son is 3.5 and went with me the Saturday morning; he got to watch the whole show. Great memories made! Still to dry to find any rocks here ( look at the leaves in the creek this guy fell in) but I hope to be hitting the creeks soon if we get some big rains. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0511.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	232255
    Last edited by OBION; 11-21-2016, 05:20 PM.

Nice one, going to mount/taxidermist?
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

That's awesome. I also took my 3.5 year old yesterday evening. He only lasted about 30 min but it was fun just getting him out. He might have been addicted if we'd shot one the size of that monster.

Comment

That is a beautiful buck. Lots of good eating there my friend.
        Bruce
        In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Hey Dylan, That's a good one. Your son looks like a proud hunter.
          Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

I also took my 3.5 year old out for the first time. Couldn't sit still or stay quiet but it still was one of my favorite hunts. Somehow a doe did not seem to care about us. Nice buck!
            N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

im glad to see people still carrying and passing on the hunting tradition, not many young people get into it nowadays. i remember the first time my father took me out with him,"STOP BREAKING BRANCHES! STAY OUTTA THE DAMN PUDDLES! NOW YER FEET ARE GONNA BE WET ALL DAY AND WE AINT LEAVING! GET OUTTA THE BRIARS! LOL, i bet i gave the old man more than a few grey hairs over them years,lol. We're all still hunters/stalkers in my family and stealth and playing the wind is our game, kinda hard to do with a snotty brat like me following ya around,lol. im glad he put up with it and kept taking me with him though, i wouldnt be the man i am now if he didnt. THANKS DAD! Click image for larger version

Name:	jays camera 717.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	232402(me around 3yrs. old,lol.)
              call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• OBION
                OBION commented
                Editing a comment
                I said some of the same comments to my son! Thanks for sharing

• Kyflintguy
                Kyflintguy commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol good story I can relate to. Thanks for sharing!

Your starting the Boy out right! He'll be tracking and spotting for you as your eye site dims! And packin the meat too. Way to go!

Comment

I have taken both my boys hunting sinse they were small. They had both taken deer by eight years old. Now one of mine is taller than me and in trade school. The younger started hunting on his own this year, I take him to his stand but he wants to hunt solo. For years now I have been hunting without my own gun. It's been more fulfilling watching them. Cherish the days when they are lil, they go by quick. Oh and just like Jay stated I caught myself repeating my dad's exact words to my boys. "PICK YOUR FEET UP HIGH AND SET EM DOWN EASY, DON'T DRAG EM, MOVE SLOW AND QUIET"

Comment

Awesome buck Dylan! Great pic of the future deer slayer too, thanks for sharing it with us!
                  Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Nice buck and with your son that's awesome !
                    east Tx.

Comment

Congrats. on the beautiful buck, I'm really glad to see that other parents have been taking their young children deer hunting. My daughter has been hunting with my wife & I since she could walk. She was 2.5 yrs. old when I was lucky enough to get this buck. A real bonus is that for the last couple years she thinks that plucking & cleaning waterfowl & grouse is fun lol!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-2014 132.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	302.4 KB
ID:	236879

Comment

• CoachG
                        CoachG commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's a monster.
                    Working...
                    X