X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is cool

i want a megalodon tooth bad,so does my youngest son

one of these days we will get them
    luckily i am friends with a lady on FB that has them and many more types of fossilized sharks teeth
    ive gotten smaller ones from her already that i have turned into ear rings

cant wait until i can get my grubby little paws and a megalodon tooth
    that will be the prize of my fossil collection right there

Comment

I just wanna find my own teeth!!!
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Cool stuff. Even though there are a lot of people collecting megalodon teeth, there are still pockets in isolated areas where the hunting is great.

I am a couple of hours from the Peace River in Florida, and hunt it a few times a year with my kids. SneakyGroundBuzzard, if you ever come down to Florida take a day and find some teeth! More small teeth than you can count, but bigger teeth are getting rare. Occasionally you'll get a chuck of a big one, but they certainly aren't common anymore.
        Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• Scorpion68
          Scorpion68 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey clovisoid - I used to live in Florida but never did any artifact hunting til I started working in the cemetery where we found a few. A friend of mine was working with a construction crew in Orlando, Fla at Disney and he was always bringing black sharks teeth and megalodon teeth home. ...Chuck

Cool story, I'd love to find one of those, but I don't think they're around these parts...

Comment

I found this one on the Yorktown side of the York River near York River State Park's Fossil Beach. It weighs almost a pound, heavy with minerals it absorbed for eons.
          Child of the tides

Comment

• JoshinMO
            JoshinMO commented
            Editing a comment
            That's huge

• SDhunter
            SDhunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow. That's nice

It's one of the fossils I can accurately identify 100% of the time!
          Child of the tides

Comment

Working...
          X