• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information Center

The information Center:
    So, what do you think so far?
    Are you using it?
    Do you find it of value to the site and or yourself?
    Is there information you would like to see included?
    Is there information that you have that could be of use or interest to others and we could put into this area?
    Concerns?
    Ideas?
    Find it worthless and or not worth the time?
    Want to help?
    Let us know, good, bad or ugly!
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Those are good questions Greg.
    I am currently sitting on a bunch of draft stuff in various stages of tidiness. I'm not going to put any priority into editing and compiling them if the direction the Information Center is heading doesn't add value for the membership.
    To that extent, it would really help if - when you answer Greg's questions - you colour your answers in terms of the DIRECTION its going, and not just the actual content and layout you can currently see.
    That is, don't worry too much about categories that are currently empty or underfilled - the content will come IF the kind of structure and content you see is what you actually want. This was a massive undertaking and we can only do so much at a time.
    This is still work in progress. Some of the categories will be further realigned/retitled and there are a few categories we know are missing (but keep identifying any others please).
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

I think it is looking really good Guys. I have looked around there where time has permitted. It is definitely a plus for the site. One thing I really like is being able to find an informative link to prove a point which I have done a few times.
        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Posted by [Mainejman]:

I think its a great idea.Anytime you can get information on your particular interests with out navigating through the intertnet is a good thing in my book.

Comment

A snail gets roughed up -and- mugged in the park by two turtles. The cops take the snail's statement, "tell me what happened." the snail responds. "I don't know. everything happened so fast!"
            The changes on the site have happened quickly too - can be a lot to assimilate for a reader or poster. Don't become disheartened if you don't see immediate results for the time and work you guys have put in here, because it is appreciated!
            I always felt that point typology has been less defined for the "Right Coast' than other regions of the country: not only are youse guys bringing that together in one site, but a whole lot more.
            How can amassed and accurate information (served up by a friendly staff) about a hobby we love, be a bad thing???
            one for the staffers
            Jim Croce - Time in a Bottle__________James Joseph Croce (January 10, 1943 – September 20, 1973) was an American folk and popular rock singer of the late 196...

One thing I've noticed is the types of files that can be used needs updated. It's lacking
            the GIF file. Are there any other new types I can use as well?
            ~ Getting Started -and- Adding Pictures

annnnd.. we could use a 'thumbs up' emoticon, but I'll just say
            ...............GOOD JOB - THANKS GUYS!.....................
            If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

Olden wrote:

One thing I've noticed is the types of files that can be used needs updated. It's lacking the GIF file. Are there any other new types I can use as well?
              ~ Getting Started -and- Adding Pictures
              http://arrowheads.com/forums/welcome...dding-pictures
              Thanks Olden
              The image files you can upload are listed in that tutorial: jpg, jpeg, gif and png. The gif files can be animated or static. You can’t upload bitmap files (eg bmp or pcx) or vector files (eg wmf or cgm)
              The non-image file types are also listed. You can use txt, doc, gz, tgz and pdf but not Microsoft’s enhanced document format with a docx extension.
              Any file type (including those not listed above) can be uploaded as a zipped file with a zip extension.

Note (24/04/16): There is now an updated tutorial for adding pictures at the link below:
              http://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/n...ures-to-a-post

Comment

First and foremost a huge THANKS to everyone who has contributed to the information center.
                I have tons of reference books. Most of these volumes sit on the shelf for long periods
                without the respect they deserve, but when I need one I am VERY GLAD TO HAVE IT.
                Michigan Yooper
                If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

ive enjoyed the info center alot! whenever i notice something new in one of the topics i stop to check it out.and ive learned some cool stuff!plus like the others have said, its great having all that info right here on our site instead of having to search around.you guys have been doing a great job!your efforts and work on the site are much appreciated !  B)
                  call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

bump
                    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

it caught my eye right away the first time i came back to the site and saw the info center and additional categories.
                      Very well done, with comprehensive coverage too, one could never exhaust all the sources of info, but you can try 
                      It's helpful and appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                      X