No announcement yet.

laundry list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes... I notice this as well, but I'm not sure if it's the renaming that does the trick or the fact that I closed the post before I renamed and then re-opened it.
    What I do know (and this was true before the upgrade) is that once a picture has been uploaded to the forum (even if not yet inserted in the post) then you can't replace that picture with anything else that has the same name. If you decide to re-size the picture and upload it again with the same name then it doesn't "over-write" the original. Not even if you delete it first. You have to use a new name because the server "remembers" the file you already used and keeps coming back to it. I wonder if the server is also "remembering" failed or corrupted uploads???
    Also a similar thing happens with identical text. If you simply posted the message "TEST" then you can't post that same message again on another thread (not even in a different section). You have to change it to "TEST2" or something. Again, that's not the result of the upgrade... it was always like that.
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Wow issues with input, some I never had many friends and now you guys are gone too.
      My biggest issue is , hours and hours of work edit and re-edit in my blog ......Gone and now no blog at all.
      Jess B.
      It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
      It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
      Circa:1982

Comment

I have a new problem to report today. This was not a problem yesterday.
        When I click on one of these black tabs near the top of the index forum page...
        It makes no difference which black tab I click on: I get the same error message.

I get this error message...

I am now getting this error message on the last three black tabs...

Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Looks like for me its the same and it is with both Chrome and IE.
          Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

I am now "Sam Adams" as CMD can no longer log in. Ridiculous!!!!

Comment

I just got back on by changing my password for the third time since the switch to 2.0. No matter, I'm outta here. Enough is enough is enough is enough!!
              Not that it matters to me anymore, but regardless of what user ID I use, I have to log in every time I change pages.
              Rhode Island

Comment

Charile... PLEASE hang in there until we at least have a clear statement about the end point of the upgrade.
                I have no real idea what is going on but my observation (from the file path window top left of my browser) would be as follows. The forum seems to be running with a mixture of old files and new files stored in different directory paths. Some of the paths include a "kunena" subdirectory and some do not. Whether a link then works properly seems to depend on whether the file path has been aligned to point to a new location for a file created by the upgrade and/or whether a "divert" has been put in place to redirect the link if not. In some cases, those diverts have created a "loop" such that the path goes round in a circle and takes you back to where you began without loading the required file. I keep having to change the file paths for some of my bookmarks and I guess this is inevitable while there is tinkering going on "under the hood". The question to which we all need the answer is "how long might it take to put everything to rights?"
                As for the other things which essentially don't work, again, we need a view on how long it might take to put them right and CRUCIALLY... whether they are actually capable of being fixed with the software we are now running. No-one is saying that at the moment, but the sad thing is that no-one is saying much at all really.
                I totally understand your frustration... and that of others too who are more badly affected than I seem to be but I really don't know what else to say except that I know the issues are being worked on (hard) but still with no communication about what we should expect at the user end... and when.
                I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

First time on this afternoon,  can't get New Topics, my link to the forum via New Topics didn't work and the icon doesn't work when at the index page..  I also had to sign in and hadn't cleaned cache or anything else recently.  Hardly ever have to sign in...  I will have tremendous trouble navigating without being able to see just new topics.....
                  Professor Shellman
                  Tampa Bay

Comment

understand too I just now realized this. All day I was trying to log into the site with my PC It kept taking me back to the log in page such as Roger described.This was because I was trying to log directly to the forum.  Noxt I tried logging into the back end and I got right in so I now knew my login and password were still ok. Next thing I tried was to log using the blue button the says log in on the main page. I got right in. Then when I clicked on jump to forum it sent me back to limbo but the blue button still said Logout Hoss so I know I was still in. I hit the back button and then just clicked on Forum not using the short cut in the drop down I git right in. I know Andrew is working on stuff and he has another tech working with him I talked to him the other night and we tried testing some stuff on my Iphone but I could not get it to post pictures.
                    Guys sometimes moving ahead has its own setbacks  In other words when you  test one thing it can mess up another thing. The fact that things are different today just tells me someone is working on it.
                    One huge problem is this not all of us have the same problem.  That makes this entire project and its breakdowns harder to troubleshoot. fixing something for me may mess up something for you My suggestion is please reserve this area for notes on what concerns you may have Just say what is broken if it worked yesterday and not today we need to know.
                    I am not involved at all in the work behind the scenes butI promise that Chase or  I will pass along all information posted here to the powers that be. Please be patient.
                    Your friend in flint
                    Hoss
                    PS Jess I am so sorry to hear that news man. I know you did a lot of work on that  blog. I will ask and see if it is retrievable
                    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Dancing a jig and drinking my favorite whiskey.
                        :woohoo: The tabs work.  :woohoo:
                      Michigan Yooper
                      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Yes they are back and working. Logging in was a non issue as well.
                        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Bone2stone wrote:

Wow issues with input, some I never had many friends and now you guys are gone too.
                          My biggest issue is , hours and hours of work edit and re-edit in my blog ......Gone and now no blog at all.
                          Jess B.
                            Jess, maybe make a topic titled "my blog"?
                          http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

[QUOTE]JoshinMO wrote:

Originally posted by Bone2stone post=128957
                            Jess B.
                              Jess, maybe make a topic titled "my blog"?
                              Wow another prob right in the middle of a long winded reply hit spacer and it wiped out my reply.
                            I'll check back in a week or so see if anything got better.
                            I thought upgrade meant better.....
                            Jess B.
                            IU'
                            It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
                            It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
                            Circa:1982

Comment

Greetings all
                              I know everyone is pissed about the issues we are having, and trust me, I am just as frustrated about them as well. 
                              A long story short, I fix one thing and it breaks 2 more. 
                              A few minor victories I can report
                              -Rules are now back on tabs
                              -Personal text limit has been increased dramatically(500 characters I think)
                              -Tabs fixed(one of those things where I changed something on a different part of the site but it broke the totally unrelated forum menu structure, go figure)
                              -Forum Login functional again(related to above issue)
                                Issues that are being worked on
                              -Photo uploads(inconsistent on mobile, different browsers, etc)
                              -Chat not loading(I have found the root cause on this one and am working on a new implementation to get it back functional)
                              -Broken links across the site(the data is there, just have to find it and configure)
                              -Getting Kiva/SSC working correctly again
                              -Mobile posting layout fixed(emoticons and buttons not overlapping)
                                Jess B:
                              - I specifically backed up your blog entry data before I switched over to the "upgrade"( :sick: ) and had planned on getting it posted back in a different format, however, I havent had a chance to get it back up with all the other issues that are popping up
                              -Also, can you clarify what you mean by spacer(space bar? back space?).
                              Thanks for all those that have reported the issues.  Please know that they are being worked on!
                              I will do better about keeping you guys updated,
                              Andrew

Comment

I regret allowing my frustration to get the better of me yesterday. I apologize for that.
                                Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
                                X