Hey Friend, Where are you from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Friend, Where are you from?

I think we can easily improve this great website. I would like to send out a plea to all members: Please go to your profile page and edit to include your location. It just makes it a lot easier for the rest of us to know where you are located. I realize that many have already done this and THANK YOU.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

I always include my info for just that reason Ron.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

... and if you repeat that information in the "Personal Text" box within your profile, then it will appear under your name/avatar every time you post as well (as on my post here)

Edit (July 2016): this option no longer exists with the new forum software.
      I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

painshill wrote:

... and if you repeat that information in the "Personal Text" box within your profile, then it will appear under your name/avatar every time you post as well (as on my post here)&

Edit (July 2016): this option no longer exists with the new forum software.
        I tried that, Roger, and Rhode Island appears on my profile page now, but it did not show up on my avatar. I've tried adding Rhode island several times to "Personal Text", clicked "save" and nothing at the avatar. And when I go back, Rhode island no longer is saved in Personal Text. So, I suspect this feature allowing for location to appear in one's Avatar in fact no longer works.....
        OK, got it to take with pc. So, just can't do it using a tablet.....
        So, anyone reading, the location has to be added with a computer, not an iPad, and I'm not sure about other tablets or smart phones, but I imagine it cannot be edited with any of those devises.....
        Rhode Island

Comment

Hey Roger (Painshill), That is a cool idea: People don't even have to mouse-over the little house icon to see where you are located. Thanks
          Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Thank you for the correct info on where to edit.
            Bruce
            In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Working...
            X