Ky dam rock show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ky dam rock show

Ky dam rock show is tomorrow ifn you get a chance make the trip.

Pkurt - where abouts in KY. I know where the Cumberland lake dam is but that's north of Albany Ky. I'm sure there are more dams. Give me a better location if not Cumberland Lake. ...Chuck
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Aye Chuck. It is about a mile from the ky dam on the Tenn river in western Kentucky. Marshall county.

Comment

It is a great show. They always have a Meeting Friday night before with a lecture on Paleo from Dr Gramley. He would be talking about sugar loaf or the site he digs in Ky for Cumberland points. The show is awesome but I aint going. 6 and a half hour ride for me.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Tomorrow is the show in Abbeyville SC too . It is a decent show for the Collectors in GA SC and NC. I have gone over for that one too but that is 4 and a half hour drive. Not going. Wish I could have made one of them. If you go to Ky Dam stop by Brock's table and say hello John Mac might be there too.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I'm gonna have to keep track of some of these local shows and try to make a few. Like with you Hoss, those mentioned here are at least a 4-5hour drive. If I had planned to attend the KY Dam show, I'd have gone to Ft Campbell and spent the night to make the drive easier. Us old people don't travel as easily as we used to. Maybe I'll give it a try next year. Thanks Pkurt for posting. ...Chuck
            Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

There is one in Smithville every year pretty sure it is a July show. Another in Baxter every October. The Baxter show is a small one but it is a good show. They hold the annual Volunteer state Archaeological Society of Tennessee meeting there every October. This year they started up the Nashville show again. Others in TN are Loretto and Savannah oh and one of the best I have gone to is Gallatin TN.
              Fletcher NC is close for me. I try to make it over there every year. In 2017 I do not think I will make it though. Having my knee joint replaced in January. I have already listed some dates for next year on our events calendar. You can get some good deals on points. There are also people selling books and display frames for good prices at shows. If you ask me it is the best place to buy and learn. You get to talk with other collectors and see some pretty cool stuff. I was at a show in Tupelo Mississippi several years ago. A guy walked in with a Mammoth Tusk. It was about 6 feet long. When you think about it not many people have seen a Mammoth tusk outside of a museum.
              Last edited by Hoss; 11-30-2016, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X