No announcement yet.

"We Buy Arrowheads FAQ" states...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im always picking up feathers - Pileated woodpeckers, Turkeys, Bluebirds, Crows etc etc and, like Josh, I stick them in my hat. Don't know if they fit the migratory bird category but if the bird is gonna throw it away, I'm gonna pick it up if I see it, especially if it's on my property. If the Feds want to make a stink about it, I'll go after their birds for trespassing and the Feds for allowing their protected species to litter my land??!!! How's that for passing the Buck??
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Possibly this new Law about Bird's (Not Arrowheads!) was mainly put in place because of how The Ruby Throated Humming Bird's have been turned into Souvenir's over The Year's. Just have a hunch.
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Scorpion, birds of a feather molt together. dang bird brains dont know if a bird in the hand is worth one feather on the ground.
        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Well, I admit I was not aware so many birds were included. The crow is very special to me. For the Narragansett, the crow was Cauntantowwit's messenger. Cautantowwit was the great creator god, and associated with the southwest. This was the case for many Algonquian tribes. The crow is such an intelligent creature.

When I took a niece on her first arrowhead hunt, three of them flew overhead, landed, watched and called out just as we had found her first point. I told her Cauntantowwit was giving his blessings, and why not. It can be fun to mythologize events in one's own life that way. It's harmless at least.

We were feeding squirrels at the beach a few days ago, yep, we have squirrels that live in trees at the beach, lol, and a crow stopped by. My wife was going to shoo him, like she does the gulls, and I said, "no, no, he's free to eat here too". And eventually he did. He carried on loudly for awhile, I told him "feel free" and he picked up a peanut shell and worked it open. Anytime, Cauntantowwit's messanger!

I used to take Winter walks in a nearby woods and there was one tree where it seemed hundreds hung out. I would hear them calling from a great distance, and up close, it was deafening.
          Rhode Island

Comment

• gregszybala
            gregszybala commented
            Editing a comment
            Crows are an amazing bird

Chuck living in Hawaii I don’t know about this . What’s this about .

Comment

CMD , crow story ... when I was about 9 a crow was on the roof . Being a bird lover and I mean I had pegion coops to wild blue jays that ate out of my hand . The crow was cawing
            away and I offered him some candy . Threw it up to him and that was it . That darn thing became such a good friend . I could scratch his head and he would almost fall asleep . He would come to my window at 6.30 wanting in. We made him a place at the table .
            when I went to school he would come to . I had to stop that . A big bath and some treats as I ran around the corner to walk to school .
            I would call for him Charlie ... Charlie squared down and it could take awhile but out of nowhere he would fly down and land on me . Some boys saw this and I am sure they caught my dear Boy .

Comment

Ok got it !!! Not enough coffee .
              But I still like my crow story and I am so on the hunt for a woodpecker feather ...spotted
              come visit me in jail .

Comment

Working...
              X