Good people, good place, great info!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good people, good place, great info!

I have been on the forum for almost a year now and just wanted to tell all involved, THANKS!
    The characters, the camaraderie, the friendships, the posts ( good, bad, fuzzy pictures, sense of humor, drama, and the crazy effigies! ). But most of all the knowledge of those way beyond what I have been fortunate to gain in the last year and their willingness to share it.
    Looking forward to more of the same.
    Thanks.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

100% agree with ya Greg..some good eggs on here. Know what though???? I sure do miss the "Clay Tablets" thread. inch:  :dry:

Comment

I agree wholeheartedly. I joined this forum in the hope of getting a few items identified, and with no particular intention of staying for too long. I probably don’t have more than a couple of dozen native American arrowheads and what I knew about them could have been written on the back of a postage stamp.
      Also, there is no prospect for me to dig them from my back yard given where I am located, so I can’t begin too tell you how envious I am that some of you seem to be in places where they can be collected by the bucketful. Even in rich sites in the UK, our native arrowheads are relatively uncommon finds relative to other artefacts.
      Thank you for all the lively discussion, for the good-natured banter, for the knowledge I am gaining, for making a foreigner feel part of it all and for tolerating my non-American spellings. I would however remind you again that there is no such material as aloominum.

Roger
      I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Good post gregszbala.  I also appreciate being able to get online and talk, learn, and see what people are finding out there.  When I started 5 years ago, I had no idea there were sites like this to learn from.  I picked up some books, but that only took me so far.  I love being able to interact with such a small group of people that all have the same interest.  I don't feel like such a dork loving rocks and history as much as I do!  I am approaching my fist year on this site and I have learned a ton!  I think it's also cool that painshill can get on here and learn about "artefacts" from across the world! lol, (had to throw in another spelling difference for you painshill

Comment

I have posted on several forums and just kind of landed here. There is a lot of knowledge here and it seems to stay quite civil. A great place to hang out. I was lurking when Clay Tablets ran its course and loved it.
          Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

I love it here also and can't disagree with one spoken word of the other members!  Clay Tablets?  Aloominum?   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: Look forward to the next contraversy and hope it goes well?  Well as can be expected anyway.  Miss a few people too!  Even though I've only been around seven months still think of em!

Comment

I just wanted to add to this thread.  For all of you out there that are frustrated with their hunting grounds.  Our last snow was June 22, and this just came in last night  Our artifact season could be the shortest in the country!  Hopefully this encourages people to go out and hunt more

, because some of us don't have a choice...

Comment

I concur! It's been a most enjoyable 1 year+ since I registered with this forum.  Tyson, Denver had record highs earlier this week, now this!?  Oh my, snowfall expected here overnight as well, but just a dustin.
                Rhode Island

Comment

CMD,
                  I was out hunting white tail in eastern CO on monday, 75-80.  I live just on the other side of the divide from Denver, the whole state had almost a foot of snow by yesterday morning.  I was hoping to get a few more rock hunts in, but that won't happen again this year  But the elk and deer hunting should be good, time to fill the freezer!

Comment

Greg, Thanks for starting this thread. I can only say ditto to what Greg had said. Your comments are well said my friend! Your are all so kind and understanding it is amazing to me. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge with me.
                    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Greg
                      Nice post. 
                      Jack

Comment

turkeytail wrote:

100% agree with ya Greg..some good eggs on here. Know what though???? I sure do miss the "Clay Tablets" thread. inch:  :dry:
                          Mark, I wonder where Clay Tablet Man went, he said he would be back after talking to those who were in the know, maybe he did not find them. LOL.
                        Jack

Comment

Tyson that looks cold there. We had a crap summer with the heat being in the 100's for 90 days but it is nice now 65 and perfect.
                          Jack

Comment

To all,
                                      Greg I couldn't have said it any better!!! This site is not only the best thing that ever happened to me, but arguably the best thing that has happened to our hobby other than the American Indians themselves!!! I have learned so much here I can't even express. A perfect chemistry of people and knowledge, friendship and the list could go on as long as the list for flint and chert types. The clay tablets was a highlight though you have to admit. LOL Thanks Greg for starting this post, and thanks to Jack, Cliff and all of you guys for aiding in an easy expansion of my knowledge of this great hobby of ours, you have made it not only easier but quite enjoyable!!!-Bill

Comment

wmwallace wrote:

To all,
                                        Greg I couldn't have said it any better!!! This site is not only the best thing that ever happened to me, but arguably the best thing that has happened to our hobby other than the American Indians themselves!!! I have learned so much here I can't even express. A perfect chemistry of people and knowledge, friendship and the list could go on as long as the list for flint and chert types. The clay tablets was a highlight though you have to admit. LOL Thanks Greg for starting this post, and thanks to Jack, Cliff and all of you guys for aiding in an easy expansion of my knowledge of this great hobby of ours, you have made it not only easier but quite enjoyable!!!-Bill
                                Hi!, Bill!  I miss you and your words.  It's almost as if speaking to you in person! Hope you and your family are well and...you eventually have more time to visit the website.  This is one of my only means of communicating with friends that I didn't even know I had!  Not to mention, :lol: , the most intriguing hobby in the world!!!  Take care and enjoy your Holidays!
                              Pam

Comment

Working...
                              X