Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 southern New England Arrowheads.com Gathering of the Greats!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all!
    Boy what an event! I just can’t believe the artifacts I saw there. Everywhere I turned there were killer points and great stories to go with them. I got there a little late and my stuff didn’t even make the main table. No room, it was already packed with frames. Jay these get togethers are getting better and better. Is it just me or is anyone else already thinking of the next get together! I think the spot was perfect and could handle more people and frames no prob. Everybody there was great. A hand full of you I know but the rest was a first time meeting for me. Im looking forward to getting to know all of you! Looks2much, you and your buddy pointhead have some
    real special finds there! You too got me wanting to do a little creek action myself! Prob not a good time of year though. Everything is starting to fill up for winter.

Charlie it was as always great to see you! I’m glad things are going good for you. That’s great! It was nice to see Glenn too, haven’t seen him in some time. Was great to see Chris Gode again, Tsums Jay and your cousin. Ross and Dave I just met a couple weeks before and they really had some sweet local finds! I gotta say though, I just can’t get over seeing that huge Levanna. I’m very thankful he let me hold it for a nice picture!
    I cant wait for the next get together!!!

Jeff

Comment

• OnewiththewilD
      OnewiththewilD commented
      Editing a comment
      Stay outta my brooks! Lol

Fun looking through this thread! I feel lonely now.
    South Dakota

Comment

• OnewiththewilD
      OnewiththewilD commented
      Editing a comment
      Your never alone man you got us!

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      We could form our own section: The Folks Who Didn't Have Fun.

Depressing name. It should motivate us to go next time!

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Get to the back of the line Gary. This west coast metal head has first place in that line lock up for life. 🤪🤪🤪

I think you’s guys out that way should throw a get together as well, there seems to be a bunch of ya’s in the KY TN OHIO area to put something together
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      I am not sure where you would set it up, but Portsmouth Ohio would be a nice spot. It sits right on the river, has an Adena mound in the center of town, and has a rich Indian history. Lexington Ky, would be my next choice.

I recall a number of years ago there was a general meeting of arrowheads.com members. I believe it was held in one of the southern border states. chase attended. Butch Wilson attended. A couple of the women who don't post here anymore, they were friends of Jesse, also attended. Created a great thread with many photos, but I cannot find the search terms that allow me to find it.
    Rhode Island

Comment

• OnewiththewilD
      OnewiththewilD commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember seeing that when I first signed up here, and remembering it is what motivated me to throw our own..... and I can distinctly remember seeing Butch in a cooking apron lol

• CMD
      CMD commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for jogging my memory a bit more. Namely, Butch in an apron, lol. Can't remember the girls names, but they were Texans, like Jess.

Found that old thread, Jay. Including Butch in an apron....

Rhode Island

Comment

Heading home from southern new England meet up in Rhode island
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180923_190303.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	321822
      SW Connecticut

Comment

This is just awesome Jay, I'm glad you shared it! Your primitives table stole my heart man... Looks like y'all had a good crowd too. Green with jealousy here but this thread helps, thanks!
        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• OnewiththewilD
          OnewiththewilD commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks dude!

• Kentucky point
          Kentucky point commented
          Editing a comment
          Jay's table was awesome!

• CMD
          CMD commented
          Editing a comment
          Jay's table, and his skill, was, and is, awesome!

6pm?!?! Dang it, I could have made it!
        Sorry I missed it, looks like it was a great time.

Comment

• OnewiththewilD
          OnewiththewilD commented
          Editing a comment
          There’ll be a next time don’t worry

I attended the fall meeting in Sept 2018 as a newbie who found a single arrowhead over 50 years ago when I was 10 in NJ. That is my pride possession, and I decided I wanted to find some more artifacts to share with my children. I learned a lot from talking with all those present in RI at that meeting. Life, work,kids got in the way but I have been reading and reaching out to everyone and anyone trying to do my "homework" to figure out where one would most likely find an artifact here in NH/Maine. Have gone on a few river walks, construction sites, etc but have not found anything. I realize I have not paid my dues yet. Just wanted to report to Dave (Looks2much) that I have not given up. I mentioned to several that my son was a freshman at Brown and I would be down in RI to visit him.....at the time, he was getting his feet wet on the Lacrosse team(their season is in spring and had not started yet. Well he has been a lot more successful than his dad. I have not found any artifacts yet he made Second team All-Ivy and Third Team Freshman All-American!!!! Though I am extremely proud of his success, I would much rather be able to report and share an artifact find here in NH or anywhere in New England. I am not giving up.....Please let me know if there is a similar get together coming up. I live near the seacoast of NH(Portsmouth area) and have permission to walk some farmland with some freshwater estuary along the seacoast of NH. Hopefully the RI group will hold another get together......This post is mostly a shout out to Dave that "nothing yet" but have not given up. Please keep me in your RI "loop". Mark G aka Footgepp

Comment

Awesome Mark, stay on the rail and it will lead where you want to go, eventually.

Comment

Working...
          X