Noted North American Archaeologist Dennis Stanford passes away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noted North American Archaeologist Dennis Stanford passes away

I just read on a facebook post that Dennis Stanford has passed. He worte many publications and was noted for his book Across Atlantic Ice. He and Bradley had come up with the Solutrean hypothesis. I had never had the pleasure of meeting him I wish I had.. I am sure this is a devestating blow to the Archaeology dept at the Smithsonian as he was the lead in the Paleo Indian studies department there. May he rest in peace.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Thanks Hoss, It is a sad day.
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Sad news.
      Central Ohio

Comment

Yes sad news .

Comment

Sad, and a big loss indeed. I Never really cared for the Soultrean theory anyway though.
          Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

For those who had the pleasure to know him in person, he was an all around decent guy. I had several chances to interact with him over the years, and enjoyed them all.
            Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

I thought I would see something on Google search.
              I came up with several obituaries but from years past, l will call my dad to see if he has heard anything about this

Comment

Originally posted by chase View Post
                I thought I would see something on Google search.
                I came up with several obituaries but from years past, l will call my dad to see if he has heard anything about this
                You will not find anything using Google news. Late last night, his Wikipedia entry was updated to reflect his death on 4/24/19. This morning, about 2 hours ago, the reference to his death was removed from Wikipedia. Here is the Facebook entry from yesterday:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2756.PNG
Views:	291
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	363215

I thought it unusual that there is nothing on Google news, nothing on Google, and a notation listing his death was removed from his Wikipedia entry....

Rhode Island

Comment

I talked to my dad this morning. He was having breakfast with George Zeeman and Dr. Frison and could not talk, but will give me a call later today. Dr. Stanford has ties to the University of Wyoming and I should get confirmation.
                  Last edited by chase; 04-25-2019, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Confirmed He got a call last night from Dr.Frison.

Comment

Working...
                    X