Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Kelley
    commented on 's reply
    When the guy calls that thinning flake a flute he certainly doesn't gain my confidence.

• Ron Kelley
    commented on 's reply
    I read all of that twice over. It's wishful thinking and what is the evidence?

• CMD
    commented on 's reply
    They also state, at the very start of their paper “ By some key measures it is consistent with Clovis, but the case remains unproven.”

• CMD
    commented on 's reply
    In their conclusions in the paper, the authors state: “Based on the entirety of the evidence, we strongly suspect, though unfortunately cannot confirm, that the Nelson cache is Clovis in age and affiliation”.

• flintguy
    commented on 's reply
    Ok, missed that part.

• Narrow Way Knapper
    commented on 's reply
    Wow Bret, that's quite a story. If only...

• Ron Kelley
    commented on 's reply
    Hey Mike, I know they are not finished points. Reading one of the articles they mentioned the flute. I don't believe that's a flute.

• beatup1354
    replied
    great discovery ,i know this is a bit off the topic when i was young i would spend the summer working in my uncles apple orchard in wenatchee and when we were done for the day we would ride dirt bikes and our trail went right over where they found the wenatchee clovis cache years later , if i only knew what i know now.

Leave a comment:

• flintguy
    commented on 's reply
    I think they are saying clovis preforms, not finished yet.

• Ron Kelley
    commented on 's reply
    The basal thinning flake doesn't look like a flute to me.

• SurfaceHunter
    commented on 's reply
    Taking no chances 😎

• flintguy
    commented on 's reply
    I do think there is still some doubt if it was actually a clovis cache or not.

• Ron Kelley
    commented on 's reply
    I have produced several biface caches but never one that large.

• Ron Kelley
    replied
    It's a great Cache find but why is that Clovis?

Leave a comment:

• Lindenmeier-Man
    commented on 's reply
    Still won’t click on a link huh Glen ? Might as well dive in with the rest of us, not so much malicious malware out there like it use to be Sir. The hackers aren’t looking to cripple your software so much as they are looking for info to make money. The malware gets in their way and they are into everyone’s devices .....
Working...
X