Visiting Indiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting Indiana

Out in Evansville Indiana until the 14th for Little League World Series. Trying to find some areas/creeks to poke around at while I’m here to do a little arrowhead hunting. If anyone could point me in a general direction I’d much appreciate it. Ever make it out to Willamette Valley Oregon I will return the favor!

If you can find someone along the Ohio river that can turn you on to a good spot, a lot to be found along that river.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I know the Ohio River had a huge native population, I’m just not used to rivers that appear to be all mud. I’ve asked a handful of people if they knew of any creeks that had rocks or gravel in them but no luck so far. I’ll keep asking though!

Comment

If you have the time try to get a visit into Angel Mounds too.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome from west central Florida
          Floridaboy.

Comment

You'll get dirty, but as Greg mentioned the banks of the Ohio up river from the town or down river from the town are your best bets. The barges and river boats make waves which wash away the silt and uncover stuff, it's a lot of walking, and flipping rocks with a stick.

You can look on Google maps to see the stretches of bank that are relatively accessible by a nearby road.

Take some water and Gatorade. The humidity on a bad day is a bit different than what I've felt in your part of Oregon.
            Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Working...
            X