New tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tool

This is new tech. for the common person. I don't know if clicking on the link below will work. You may have to go to youtube and type in the link manually. This is amazing. From your phone you can video an Artifact and send it anywhere. Others can hold that Artifact in their hands and see it in 3 Dimensions!!! I will be getting this soon and let you know how to get it when I do. 2bnd link enables you to animate the object. Kim
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K1pr3ilgxQ&t=26s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JQZmTT3KO0
    Last edited by Mattern; 09-05-2022, 06:19 PM. Reason: Addition
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Hey Kim, That's an interesting app. Your two links are linked so it's just one link to the first one. Here is how to avoid that: After you paste the first link click the space bar before you paste the second link. I have used Image ready with a simple gif file to do something similar (This is Old School).
    Last edited by Ron Kelley; 09-06-2022, 02:15 AM.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Mattern
      Mattern commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay thanks. It's new to me. But great way to show our stuff.

I have tried Qlone on artifacts using my phone in the past without much luck. It worked but did not capture much detail. The point looked very blobby. It could've been a limitation of my phone. Have you tried it out yet? I have been waiting for technology to catch up for this very thing.

Comment

It was a little tricky to use, requires very steady hands. But Qlone is the app they are talking about.

Comment

This looks really interesting. Did you use the mat to take the video? I see you can easily download and print it, but I wonder how it would look with a dark relatively flat object. May have to give this a try.

Comment

• DiversionHound
          DiversionHound commented
          Editing a comment
          Right that was one of the issues when I tried it. It didn't seem to do well with flat objects. If I remember right you can flip it and scan the other side. However, my scans were not turning out great. It could have been because my camera on my phone was not good enough.

• Carolina Bay
          Carolina Bay commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for your response.

• Mattern
          Mattern commented
          Editing a comment
          I haven't tried it yet yet Bay. I'm waiting for the school to start this study. I'm helping to teach a history class, we want to use this tool. I think for Artifacts you'll have to come up with a stand to set it upright to take the video.
      Working...
      X