Best In-Situ Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posted by [wildo420]:

Found this one at a multicultural site on the river recently unfortunatly the site has also been used as a bottle dump in more recent times note the broken glass near the point oh wait thats an in situ clorox bottle haha

Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM03089 [replaced].jpg
Views:	43
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	205893

Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM03090 [replaced].jpg
Views:	44
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	205894

VOTE JOSHINMO
    :dry: :whistle: :laugh:
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Talked to Chase this morning and his internet connectivity is extremely limited. So he asked me to step in and close the contest and find a winner.
      So, final entries to be posted by 9/12/2014 midnight.
      Vote is by thank you's so everybody get in here and place your thank you's at the end of the contest. If there isn't an outright winner, we'll have a runoff .
      Good luck, the winner receives a new Overstreet Identification and Price Guide.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Guess I will add another one.....sweet drill
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I Have Never Met A Rock I Didn\'t Like

Comment

me too...

call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Is that a paleo type man id get that looked at by someone very nice point brother we find alot of quartz chips here but points are pretty rare up here very jealous id say that point has my vote man love it!!!!!!!!!!;-)

Comment

I just went on a hunt today...I took video but still pics too...I think I'll do this one :woohoo:

I Have Never Met A Rock I Didn\'t Like

Comment

thanks! well, as much as i want it to be,lol, i dont think its Paleo. its one of 2 things probably,it looks almost exactly like some the hardaway-daltons (early archaic)in Jeff Boudro's  new england typology guide,but it also looks like a variation of the squibnocket triangle type (late archiac to early woodland). and both types of points have been found at this beach so its even harder to say.add a couple thousand years or so in the surf and both points end up looking pretty much the same.
                call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Just realized I transferred all my pics off my phone....so my admission for this contest is not available  :angry: .....so I found my best in-situ on my phone to show:

My first grandchild....she was born in April...her name is Emory
                  (I lobbied to give her the name of "flint" but was out voted  :dunno:
                  Clay

Comment

Working...
                  X