Best Story Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Story Contest

I have a few extra thing's to send to The Winner of this contest. Member's must have 100 post's to enter, ends first day of 2016 and will be determined by most Thank You's displayed below your story on your reply to topic from current members. If there is a tie a bracket can be created. Any Artifact related Story. 
    Prize is a Surprise.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

JoshinMO wrote:

I have a few extra thing's to send to The Winner of this contest. Must have 100 post's to enter, ends April 30th and will be determined by most Thank You's displayed below your story on your reply to topic from current members. If there is a tie a bracket can be created. Any Artifact related Story. 
    Prize is a Surprise.
    Josh, is that any hundred posts, or to this thread?
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

[QUOTE]chase wrote:

Originally posted by JoshinMO post=157424
      I have a few extra thing's to send to The Winner of this contest. Must have 100 post's to enter, ends April 30th and will be determined by most Thank You's displayed below your story on your reply to topic from current members. If there is a tie a bracket can be created. Any Artifact related Story. 
      Prize is a Surprise.
      Josh, is that any hundred posts, or to this thread?
        Obviously any hundred post's, mybad if that is confusing. Other than that all Member's with 100 post's or more are eligible. 

Comment

And if You have written a story elsewhere you can paste it here. I will kick it off.
        One summer day I went to a favorite spot, I seen where a couple people had been fishing (empty worm container etc) and was checking the spot anyway, well they fished right over this point, but they didn't know as only a portion of the center of blade was poking out of gravel. When they walked back and forth it got revealed
        Photo's might help. :dunno: 
        Still filling an envelope.

Comment

bump!
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

should be fun
            South Dakota

Comment

Not a winner but a new story, yet true. I was 12 years old at the time, we got up early and went to a trade site. We were on the quest of beads. Going in was a trek. we were walking on washed out railroad tracks,next to a river. I noticed boulders that was in the most part dry washes. But we went in. It was a great day we were finding them hand over fist.When you hit a hot spot its hard to leave. I could see the clouds building over the mountain. I was saying just one more screen, as I was seen the black cloud grow bigger I kept looking. Bigger clouds and blacker. When we left it had started raining. Then it was hard and relentless. It was a flash flood. we got no more than 100 yards at a dead run and water was running deep. I slipped and got a berry on my well you know where. We got down off the mountain only to see a river in a dry wash. only a six foot tall wash had six feet spewing over the top on corners. Our route was cut off. We sat down and watched, and waited for the the water to drain. It took forever and the waded through mud to get out. but with a smile I got out.
              Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

I'm sure this won't count, but enjoy anyway

Wladzu Kosznofski, the heir apparent among the numerous radical groups' leaders to take over Serbo-Croatia, when at last an agent working for the democratic gov't captured him. He was subsequently tried and executed the same day the newly named nation of Czechoslovakia emerged from the defeats of all other radical groups...and so......(drum roll, please) Wladzu Kowznofski went down in history as the first officially canceled czech

Comment

Jerry Falwell and I got together over drinks one afternoon at my place.... Jerry's dog is named, of course, Pope.

Pope--fetch me the paper, Jerry commanded, and he stuffed a couple dollars into his collar. Off pope went...half an hour alter Pope shows up with a copy of the NY Times, which I didn't even know could be found locally--and correct change.

I was impressed, but not to be outdone... I said Onyx get Jerry another drink--and Onyx poured a glass half full with bourbon and a slice and served him.

Jerry was astounded, but not willing to be outdone himself, he commanded Pope to get us a couple of sandwiches from the nearby deli, and placing more money under his collar, asking him to get his favorite deli sandwiches for us both, and off Pope went.

Soon, Pope showed up with a bag in his teeth with two big crab-cake sandwiches inside.

I thought that was pretty good, but I had one trick that was sure to be the finale. After we ate, Jerry complained of a headache...and Onyx' time had finally come!

I said Onyx--Heal! and he placed his front paws on Jerry Falwells' head!

Comment

Ok, I guess I should polish up this story someday.

About 25 years ago I was hiking in the mountains of Western Venezuela near the border with Colombia looking for rocks west of the town of Catatumbo which has very intense lightening storms that last all night long for about half the year. It's not uncommon to see 150 bolts per hour or more over the largest lake in South America. (Google Catatumbo Lightening, the pictures are wild.) And on a cool day is in the high 90's, temps of 105+ are pretty common. When you hunt there, your windows of walking are around dawn until about 8am, and in the late afternoon into the night when the temps cool down.

I had parked at a farm in one valley and hiked over a ridge line into a small, dry, narrow valley. I was wrapping up walking on a great site and noticed a flash off a windshield in the distance, and saw a dust trail getting closer and closer. I could see they were soldiers through my binoculars, and I figured couldn't make it over the ridge within being seen, so I hid behind some boulders well off the cattle road. The truck wasn't moving much faster than walking pace, and it took them an hour or so to reach my area. I could hear them talking as they passed. They had Colombian accents and I figure they were either Guerilla fighters or Colombian soldiers that didn't mind illegally crossing the border, so I waited about an hour and a half without moving until I could hike out at night. It was probably close to midnight by the time I crossed the top of the ridge, and looking east I could see the massive storms lighting up the clouds in the distance.

I didn't take this picture, but this is time lapse view of the storms at night.
                    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Wow amazing story Clovisoid what would happen if the saw you? Would they take the artifacts or worse?
                      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

It was a moonless night & my husband, daughter & I were driving home after dining in the neighboring town. I was driving our SUV on a stretch of divided 4-lane highway. Had the brights on, always vigilant for deer. Suddenly my headlights picked up the form of a massive tree lying across both my lanes. My husband uttered a single expletive as I stood on the brakes. There was no way we were going to avoid slamming into it & we braced for impact even as my headlights showed the tree's bark in stark relief. And then... nothing. We passed through it like there was nothing there! My daughter screamed in relief while I searched for the first median break. I had to go back & try to see what we had encountered. Returning to the spot, there was nothing -- no shadows, tar paper, rug, or anything on the road that could have been misconstrued as a fallen tree. We were shaken and incredulous. What was it??? To this day, whenever we pass that spot, we talk about that night. It remains a complete & total mystery.
                        Child of the tides

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
                          Wow amazing story Clovisoid what would happen if the saw you? Would they take the artifacts or worse?
                          Probably worse.

Three Americans were kidnapped and killed by the Farc rebel group in another area along the border a few years later. At the minimum kidnapped, if they were doing something and didn't want a witness, probably worse. When I hunt the area now we take a couple of armed ranch hands.

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/03/06/wo...suspected.html
                          Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

one time Sir Galahad, Lancelot, and i where on a quest with our fellow knights to find an artifact called "the holy grail", so there we where, outside the french fort where we had constructed a large wooden rabbit, we had planned to leap out of the rabbit taking the french not only unarmed but completely by surprise! well needless to say things didnt exactly go as according to plans....perhaps if we had constructed a large wooden badger instead ?.........
                            call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Beautiful picture Clovisoid even if you didn't take it. I bet it's amazing to see in person. Glad you made it out alive.

Comment

Working...
                              X