No announcement yet.

Skunked or not, here are the pic's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better late than never. Sorry for late post, but busy year including some challenges- as we all have. Very busty with work and driving a lot - 6200 miles in June alone. All that driving finally caught up to me. Totaled my truck August 8, but walked away with very small abrasions where airbag, which blew up in my face, and scared the #@*& out of me, hit arms. Fortunately I was wearing a long sleeved shirt. Also fortunate I was in a "Ford Tough" 2013 F150 4 x 4, driving on gravel road in remote Northern California and came to a blind turn at top of hill, called by locals as "Dead Man's Curve", slammed on brakes, but as many of you know, these new high tech anti-lock brakes do not work on gravel roads, so did not help me slow down, so I went flying off road and hit some big boulders. Anyway, finally found time to reset my password on this site, and post to get "Skunk off my back", albeit 11 months late!

My first whole point of 2015! Pinto Basin, 2650 to 8000 years old, in situ from far. Found at camp Yahooskin, named after the Yahooskin Paiute tribe, that likely made it. This was the first site I ever found, accidentally in 1992. While travelling home from jack rabbit hunting in central Oregon, my driveline broke in middle of no where. While waiting for tow truck I walked up into junipers to answer call of nature and found camp. Was this a random breakdown at this location in a 6 hour drive one way or meant to be- as thus began this intense hobby... The odds of my breaking down right next to a killer camp in a six hour drive are too low, as no other camps anywhere nearby, so this was meant to be.

Pinto in situ close:

Pinto in hand

Thanks for looking, and Merry Christmas, and a happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year to you and all yours!!!
    In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. -John Muir

Comment

I think this one got off to a good start but was never finished off. Click image for larger version

Name:	Catabwa CoNC.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	188231
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
        NW Arkansas

Comment

Originally posted by Dallred View Post
          Better late than never. Sorry for late post, but busy year including some challenges- as we all have. Very busty with work and driving a lot - 6200 miles in June alone. All that driving finally caught up to me. Totaled my truck August 8, but walked away with very small abrasions where airbag, which blew up in my face, and scared the #@*& out of me, hit arms. Fortunately I was wearing a long sleeved shirt. Also fortunate I was in a "Ford Tough" 2013 F150 4 x 4, driving on gravel road in remote Northern California and came to a blind turn at top of hill, called by locals as "Dead Man's Curve", slammed on brakes, but as many of you know, these new high tech anti-lock brakes do not work on gravel roads, so did not help me slow down, so I went flying off road and hit some big boulders. Anyway, finally found time to reset my password on this site, and post to get "Skunk off my back", albeit 11 months late!

My first whole point of 2015! Pinto Basin, 2650 to 8000 years old, in situ from far. Found at camp Yahooskin, named after the Yahooskin Paiute tribe, that likely made it. This was the first site I ever found, accidentally in 1992. While travelling home from jack rabbit hunting in central Oregon, my driveline broke in middle of no where. While waiting for tow truck I walked up into junipers to answer call of nature and found camp. Was this a random breakdown at this location in a 6 hour drive one way or meant to be- as thus began this intense hobby... The odds of my breaking down right next to a killer camp in a six hour drive are too low, as no other camps anywhere nearby, so this was meant to be.

Pinto in situ close:

Pinto in hand

Thanks for looking, and Merry Christmas, and a happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year to you and all yours!!!
          See me some sign in there as well :-)

Everett Williams ,
          NW Arkansas

Comment

Deer sign lol...... I ment deer sign

Everett Williams ,
            NW Arkansas

Comment

• Sharp Rocks
              Sharp Rocks commented
              Editing a comment
              G10+, yes, one reason this is such a great site was that it was used for thousands of years, probably mainly as hunt camp, as major deer and elk migratory route from high Cascade Mountains to lower elevation overwintering now sage/juniper habitat. We find Humboldts and Northern Side notch here up to 8000 years old, to more recent types, so site has likely been used for thousands of years. No manos or metates ever found, so supports more of a hunting camp site. I frequently see deer, and always see fresh deer and elk sign. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	UntitledMA29725917-004.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	188853 Western Washington Agate Point

Comment

That sure is a nice un!

Everett Williams ,
              NW Arkansas

Comment

Scepter1: I love that translucent agate point! I found a few similar in Western Oregon...
                In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. -John Muir

Comment

Working...
                X