How I met your mother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I met your mother

There are a lot of good ideas for contests and I can use them in the future. The one that stuck out to me, was Friendships that have been built from our site. I for one have met both online and in person many members. This contest will be a story about the members you have met through AH.com or other forums. It can be that you have only met them online or in person or you want to come out of the closet and say I love you man / woman for someone you admire. :dunno:  :whistle:
    Prize will be an Overstreet book contest ends the last day of July 2015
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Two years ago we had a meet a greet of members in Murfreesboro Ar. I met many members there as well as the road trip I took. I will try and tell you about everyone I met  with a separate post. as well as the ones I have met online only. Like for instance one I would like to meet in person but have only talked to both online and over the phone is Matt (Hoss) He is our leader on AH.com and a very respected member. One day I will make the trek out there to meet him in person.

Comment

This should  be an interesting contest!
      South Dakota

Comment

SDhunter wrote: This should  be an interesting contest!
        I met Butch and LG (Linda Gail} in Arkansas. Two of the most down to earth people you will ever meet . We sat in chairs and talked told lies for a weekend.  looked for diamonds. well I did. I had the best time.

Comment

here i thought this was gonna be about how we met our signifagant other
          which would have been good,because my story is a real good one 
          but i have not met anyone from this site yet  :dunno:

Comment

From Arrowheads.com/PROS
            About 8 years ago I met a Friend from my area, Greg Norris / Missouritiger on pros. He was new at artifact hunting and super eager to go exploring to find them. He and I would cruise the backroads of SE Missouri looking for good waterways to hunt. We didn't always score real good but it was a blast. The first day we met he stopped by on a day that was basically unhuntable, about 5 inches of rain fell in a matter of hours and just about everywhere we looked was in flash flood stage, toward the end of our ride we found a creek that looked good so we took a look and i pulled out one of the ugliest points i had ever seen. We had some good times and bad, once his car got towed off, that was awful, but we did end up getting a fair amount of creek scores together. One time we were hunting in a cold season, maybe late winter or early spring and he was trying to cross a deep part, he slipped and fell in up to his neck! I was laughing a bit but also pulling him out, ha.
            He has an authentic appreciation for artifacts and is enjoyable to travel and hunt with, A Great old Friend! We still talk and such, just kind of a long distance thing. :dunno:  :lol:
            Here is a pic of one of our hauls back in the late 00's

http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

this week end the wife and i attended one of our annual knapp ins here in Mn
              it was at the HAIRY MOSQUITO TRADING POST in Milaca Mn
              we got there in the late afternoon on wednesday afternoon,got our tent set up then got our canopy set up.
              like most all of the other flintknappers,we set a canopy up to knapp under and to set up my display of items i have made and that are for sale.
              thursday was kind of slow as far as the general public coming in(as usual,because people are working and such.)
              friday gets a little busier.
              well on friday i was under the canopy knapping and answering questions for folks as they would stop and look at my items.
              as i was sitting there knapping, a couple of gentlemen stopped by and were looking at my display case of points and knives.
              as i always do,with out looking up, i say "how ya'll doing today"
              one answered back that they were doing fine,then he said "i recognize these items"
              i looked up and he said "your Tim right" i responded with "yes i am",then he introduced himself
              as Ron Kelley,i was stunned. Ron and his brother Owen had shown up out of the blue at the knapp in.
              i gave each of them one of my hat pins as a gift.
              i was honored that they had driven all the way from the U.P. of Michigan to come to our gathering.
              i shook his and his brothers hands,then took Ron around and introduced him to fellow knappers and showed him some of the best knappers in the country and their work.
              Ron got some lessons from a guy who has been knapping for over 50 yrs,since he was 11 yrs old,Dan Wendt.
              Dan is a very mild mannered individual and very knowledgeable about rocks and knapping.
              Ron also got a chance to see a wide variety of rocks that us modern knappers like to use,he also bought a whole bunch of rocks and a couple of tools.
              Ron and Owen sat with my wife and i for quit a while and watched me knapp.
              i told him that almost all of the debitage laying on my tarp could be picked up and made into a tool or point.
              he pointed at a waste flaking laying there that was curved and twisted and asked if it was possible to use that piece.
              i said sure it is.
              so grabbed it and explained to him how i would go about making that curved twisted flake into a point.
              as i progressed through it i would stop and show it to him from time to time.
              when it was finished it was a nice straight point.
              i handed it t Ron to show him the finished product,i think he was a little impressed with it.
              especially after i told him to keep it.
              i hope he posts a pic of it
              Ron and Owen are good people.
              i was honored to meet both of them and consider them my friends.
              hope they come back next year

Comment

My wife and I were planning a trip to Colorado back in the spring. At the time we were not married. We had been kicking around ideas but hadn't made any marriage plans.One day we were on our way home. She looked at me and said lets go to Las Vegas and get Elvis to do it. So thats how our vacation started. I had talked to Chase on the phone several times and we had plans to met for a hunt. After a 1300 mile road trip to Vegas we headed toward Colo.As we got to Colo. it was snowing like crazy, talked to Chase and we made plans to meet up the next day. He suggested a metal detecting trip to a spot he had found alot of artifacts. We meet up and had a great hunt. I have to admit the thin mountain air was a factor for a bit. He showed me the wikiups ,I found my first and only metal point . Really enjoyed the day I spent with Chase. A awesome host that sent me home with some beads and other stuff that I prize dearly.  A very gracious host.  Some day I hope I can repay him and take him on a hunt here.
                east Tx.

Comment

B) right on guys! i love hearing about when " we " meet up out there in the world. i'd like to meet and shake both you's guys hands at some point this life. also im honored to share a state with, and know , Charlie  (CMD), a great guy, friend,and mentor to me since i first started out in this hobby. its been thru his help that ive managed to gather together the collection i now have. though we dont get to meet up too often ive learned alot from the emails he shares with me all the time and i always look forward to messages from him. and also Jeff ( JMATT) since having been introduced by Charlie me and Jeff have become really good friends and hang out quite often, in fact we recently cleared out a big section of woods out back his place and turned it into a cool hangout/ campsite spot. and by chance me and him have the exact same birthday, just years apart,lol. his wife says "how weird is that, both born on the same day and you both have the same hobbys!" :laugh:  and, though ive never met him, but hopefully one day i will, is Hoss. what a great guy, as most of you's already know, always going out of his way to help and generous in way you dont come across often. theres so many people i feel ive come to "know" thru this site, alot of great people....and some kinda weird ones here and there too,lol, but it keeps things interesting! :laugh:
                  call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Good stories folks.
                    I have had the opportunity to meet Chase in person while he was making his great American road trip. He actually took the time and effort to stop by our home and spend the whole day with us. We managed to get out and hunt a few fields and were lucky enough to send him on his way with something found in hand. The last thing you want to happen is have a person drive hundreds or thousands of miles and leave skunked!
                    He then moved to Indiana for a while and we managed to get in more hunts. Had some great times together, walked some cool areas, found some sweet pieces, shared information and artifacts, learned a lot from him and swapped some great stories. Miss all of that.
                    Who'd have thought that crazy short bus driving clown you interact with on here could actually be such a great guy.
                    Just wish I could meet the whole bunch of ya. Some great folks here who have always gone out of their way to share and help you out.
                    You know who you are. Thanks
                    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Bump
                      east Tx.

Comment

I've not met anyone from here, but I enjoy the stories of those that have.

Comment

i have noticed that none of the likes have carried over

so is this and the other contests still going on?

or are they null and void now with the updated site?

just curious, like a cat

Comment

Well my input is not so inspiring as some of the others here but none the less I do have my own story short as it may be.
                            Do you guys remember "Cricket' and "Texasharper" these two women I am proud to say they are some pretty cool people.
                            I met up with Cricket at a Denny's restaurant to make a contribution to our first get together. "Rendezvous" (Fossils)
                            First of all I got to be friends with them going fossil hunting dump digging arrowhead hunting it was fun while it lasted.
                            I have not seen either of them since last year when Cathy and her family moved to the hills of Tenn.
                            Cricket well she sorta of fell off the map. ???????
                            Have not heard from her at all.

Sure do miss hunting for "Stuff" with those two.
                            Cricket was sorta like the type who liked to "watch" as others worked their butts off digging.
                            Cathy was the type that if something happen to make things difficult she would jump in and defend her and others ground.
                            Also she was a digging fool!! Talk about digging in and sling that shovel she could move some dirt.

I do not have many female friends but these two were awesome people.
                            They would assist me when walking was difficult.
                            Like I said I sure do miss them.
                            I have heard from Cathy by E-mail she even remembered my birthday and sent me a disk of one of my favorite singers
                            and from what I can tell she likes her country home in the hills of Tenn.
                            I also miss singing with Cathy while on our excursions.

Yall have a good day.
                            BYW: She took the picture I use as my avatar while out fossilizing,
                            She was proud that I smiled for her so she could take the picture.

Jess B.
                            Last edited by Bone2stone; 08-19-2015, 08:17 AM.
                            It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
                            It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
                            Circa:1982

Comment

i remember TexasHarper! she was still kinda around a bit when i first showed up, and ive seen her in alot of the older posts. speaking of cool female members, where the heck is RockQueen?!!!
                              call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Working...
                              X