Artifact Display or Frame Contest Entry Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artifact Display or Frame Contest Entry Topic

Here You can share You're Favorite Frame or Favorite Wall or even Table in Your Artifact Room. Just upload and insert (fullsize usually works best) The Photo in Your Reply if You would like to enter for a Chance to Win The Prize.

There will be a poll created when enough Replies with Photos have been made.

Everyone's Eligible, post away!
    Last edited by JoshinMO; 01-08-2016, 07:33 AM.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• Havenhunter
      Havenhunter commented
      Editing a comment
      WOW!!!!😍

Reflector, That is one AWESOME SICK frame of artifacts. It made me just go get all my stuff and lay it out in the yard in the rain. It really doesn't make it any less impressive but did you purchase or find these artifacts or a little of both? I personally collect and buy so I am not biased. I love bone artifacts and would give my own Leg Bone to find or buy a leg bone like that in the center. I haven't bought any for my collection because I can't tell by looking at pictures the real deal from a fake/
    \"Of all the things I\'ve lost, I miss my mind the most.\"

Comment

Originally posted by taxidermist01 View Post
      Reflector, That is one AWESOME SICK frame of artifacts. It made me just go get all my stuff and lay it out in the yard in the rain. It really doesn't make it any less impressive but did you purchase or find these artifacts or a little of both? I personally collect and buy so I am not biased. I love bone artifacts and would give my own Leg Bone to find or buy a leg bone like that in the center. I haven't bought any for my collection because I can't tell by looking at pictures the real deal from a fake/

Foghorn Legbone. Sorry could not resist.

Yes, I personally found the whole frame.
      I try to keep them in frames relative where they were found.
      With bone.. the harder and darker = the older. MHO
      This case contains
      Socketed bone points and spears(possibly paleo,//more than likely)
      Bone daggers and awls.(not paleo)
      Bone handle
      and top right a raccoon .. well private part.

Comment

MORE entries!!

Comment

here is a picture of my celt collection I made up this past few weeks Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1933.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	190657

Comment

also another display made this week out of a clock. I took out the guts of the clock lined it with stuffing and red material and loaded it up with a mixture of artifacts.. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1940.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	190659

Comment

• chase
              chase commented
              Editing a comment
              Chris, show the pic's of how this frame was made. Would love to see how you turned a clock into a display case.

Here is my "A" case. Artifacts found by me over past 3 years. I built the case out of reclaimed poplar from a barn that is reported to be from civil war era. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2603.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	190664 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2604.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	190665

Comment

Not an entry, just a bump for more members to join in with their fantastic finds and display's. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2282.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	191258 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2277.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	191259 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2274.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	191260 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2279.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	191261
              Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Bad pic, but heres my entry.
                Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

Well I certainly don't want to be left out of this contest.
                  Here are my military related finds from the last two years. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0996.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	191913

The four L shaped items at the bottom are friction fuses. Here is a blurb about the cannons they came from.

Two four-tonne guns capable of shooting 29 kilogram (64 lb.) shells up to five kilometres were placed at Finlayson Point and named the “Finlayson Battery.” Two similar guns were mounted on a point now east of the south end of Douglas Street, named “Victoria Point Battery.” A granite marker at that location reads “Manned by volunteers from The Victoria Battery of Garrison Artillery.” The four coastal guns were installed in response to a perceived threat of war with Russia, which didn’t materialize. All guns were removed in 1892. The construction used an existing ditch built by local First Peoples. D. T. Irwin designed the battery. Irwin proposed constructing a battery on the crest of Beacon Hill as well. (“Guns of Empire,” Maritime Museum exhibit; Ronald Lovatt, Shoot, Shoot, Shoot: A History of the Victoria-Esquimalt Coast Artillery Defences, 1878-1956)
                  Bruce
                  In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

This is the frame I just built. It has a mirror for the bottom so you can see both sides.
                    east Tx.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X