New Year's Best Contest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Year's Best Contest?

I'm a fisherman first, and I've always found that there's nothing like a competition to MAKE you go out there and try when you might otherwise stay home and watch My Cousin Vinny again for the 314th time. Unless someone has an idea for some kind of simple prize, this contest would be for bragging rights only.

So, I'm thinking In-Situ photos of finds from either New Year's Day or, if it's easier for some, we could do the week.

We'll all vote on the In-Situ pics and the winner gets a virtual high-five from me.

Please post, "I'm in" and whether you'd like to extend it to a week or just New Years Day.

Feel free to laugh at me, if this seems like a terrible idea!

-Dave

Good idea Dave, may be a bit hard for some of us northerners but I'm in if the grounds not covered in snow,it's not blowing 30-60 mph, the temperatures are -10, or I have to chisel a point out of the ground!
    We might need a week.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Scorpion68
      Scorpion68 commented
      Editing a comment
      WWWAAAAAAAAA WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAA ....Chuck

Yeah Greg, I'm up north too, but coastal, which--so far--has kept us mostly snow free.

Comment

Sounds like a grand game. I'm in but it'll be tough. I enjoy celebrating New Years so sometimes New Years day can be rough. But it sure sounds like a neat contest. Let's do it!!! ...Chuck
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• gregszybala
        gregszybala commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha! Wwwaaaaaaaa Wwwaaaaaaaa back at you. Can't handle staying up till midnight and drinking like you used too? To tell you the truth, neither can I!

• Scorpion68
        Scorpion68 commented
        Editing a comment
        Right on. Age catches all of us. I find I drink less and wind up in bed much earlier than the year before. So, DON'T GET OLD...

Dave any contest is a good idea. Especially at this time of year.
      Greg you may be in the northern states my friend. But I bet that there is something old.
      Possibly even prehistoric that you could post a picture of. Click image for larger version  Name:	20161226_090447.jpg Views:	1 Size:	114.5 KB ID:	235976
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndoldman View Post
        Dave any contest is a good idea. Especially at this time of year.
        Greg you may be in the northern states my friend. But I bet that there is something old.
        Possibly even prehistoric that you could post a picture of. Click image for larger version Name:	20161226_090447.jpg Views:	1 Size:	114.5 KB ID:	235976
        Whoo why did you post a pic of my cousin Vinny!
        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

I am sorry but I will only vote this year
          Contests are great but I have commitments that are more important. Great Idea and I will watch who wins
          Thanks for posting such a great Idea!
          Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

I will make an e4ntry into your New Years day contest.
            I just had to escape the house today. I had spent most of the day preparing my year end post and could not stand it any longer.
            due to the cold I was only able to stand it out there for 2 hours. And I almost gave up on this one.
            My in-situs or as I term them, "as found" pictures Click image for larger version

Name:	php71dfP9PM.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	236298Click image for larger version

Name:	phpbW7EofPM.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	236299 and once it was cleaned up there is a very faint 1809.
            1809 Capped Bust Half Dollar turned into a pendant. Click image for larger version

Name:	phpuyb4mPPM.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	236300Click image for larger version

Name:	phplU8iJqPM.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	236301
            Bruce

Comment

2ndoldman, if we don't extend to the New Week... you win by default.

And I have to say, I think that will be hard to beat!!

Since it's for bragging rights.. let's extend it until this Sunday 1/8 at midnight

Comment

• 2ndoldman
                2ndoldman commented
                Editing a comment
                Extend it please. Bragging rights or not all contests are fun.

I'm going to try and get something on the board tomorrow... heavy rain today, maybe I'll get lucky.

Comment

Well Dave not new years day but one day after. If there was ever a true Ray Charles find this is it. If I didn't see it I was going to trip over it.

Comment

• Looks2Much
                  Looks2Much commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We extended it to the end of the week, and that's one awesome find!!!

Snuck out with Lila today... probably the best hour of point hunting I've ever had. Four others not shown... I wish I could have stayed longer!!

Comment

• p kurt
                  p kurt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You ain't kidding one great hunt. Congrats

Awesome day 2.
                I was staring at the first pic and all I could think about was Where's Waldo
                Bruce

Comment

I just found this ha ha ha .wish I had something
                  to compete . Remember looking at your watch and
                  saying I have to be at work in 5 hours ... ok
                  one more .
                  Tam

Comment

I just see it now too. Not a snow balls chance in hell of me finding artifacts that time of year.
                    South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                    X