No announcement yet.

Second annual Secret Santa 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was also the recipient of an unofficial Santa gift this year.
    Thank you Tim aka Fldwlkr.
    These will definitely be utilized in the next fun hunt. . Click image for larger version

Name:	20171221_085001.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	277959
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Bruce, I've been pondering the ring. Size 5 1/2 today would certainly imply a lady's ring. But the subject matter just doesn't seem romantic enough. People in general were smaller in stature 150+ years ago, so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that it might be a gentleman's pinky ring. It could also have been a class ring from a military boarding school for young cadets. Will be interested in hearing what you may discover.
      Child of the tides

Comment

I was looking this up and my HEAD HURTS now .
        It seems to be by country and century .
        very interesting . This book seems like a must have for you.
        2 posts my eyes can’t find the delete

Comment

Originally posted by Havenhunter View Post
        Bruce, I've been pondering the ring. Size 5 1/2 today would certainly imply a lady's ring. But the subject matter just doesn't seem romantic enough. People in general were smaller in stature 150+ years ago, so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that it might be a gentleman's pinky ring. It could also have been a class ring from a military boarding school for young cadets. Will be interested in hearing what you may discover.
        She is on to something here with the size of ring and people .

Comment

Originally posted by Havenhunter View Post
          I had considered it being a youths ring Deb. The thinness of the band is what makes me suspect that it was given to a loved one though. Click image for larger version

Name:	20171225_110131.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	278067
          Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Late of course but have to show off what Obion/Dylan gave me for Christmas.
            First pic is a nice sized rim sherd from a clay pot and two clay cooking balls from over 50 that Dylan found in a cache. Can't even imagine finding pieces like these around here.
            Second pic is a knife he made. Way cool! The work on this is really well done.
            Thanks Dylan!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171226_112120.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	278118Click image for larger version

Name:	20171226_112024-1.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	278119
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• JoshinMO
              JoshinMO commented
              Editing a comment
              Very cool!

• Kyflintguy
              Kyflintguy commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow that knife is cool! Dylan your knapping is awesome man!

• Hoss
              Hoss commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice looking work on that knife.

I just got home from my holiday travels and YES my secret santa gift was waiting on me! I was absolutely blown away when I opened it Wow! Josh aka Kyflintguy gave me some incredible points! Thank you so much I will treasure them!! He also gave me a beautifully made quad! Incredible!! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3487.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	278136
            N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• Kyflintguy
              Kyflintguy commented
              Editing a comment
              Your very welcome Marshal! Hope you enjoy! I made the "quad" from some Tiger Chert I got last year from Ron for Secret Santa, so its kinda re gifted lol. I really wanted to haft it for you but time to craft has been a rare commodity to me here lately...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3492.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	278138
            N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who surprised me with gifts for Christmas here is some but not all of the fun things I have gotten. Thank you all so much for your kindness. Points from Greg and a cool penny from Bruce. . Click image for larger version  Name:	20171218_113523.jpg Views:	2 Size:	199.8 KB ID:	278295
              Last edited by Hoss; 12-28-2017, 10:21 PM.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• gregszybala
                gregszybala commented
                Editing a comment
                Cool! Way to go folks!

• 2ndoldman
                2ndoldman commented
                Editing a comment
                You have earned every item you received my friend.
                We all felt that it was a shame that you were the odd man out this year.

• Havenhunter
                Havenhunter commented
                Editing a comment
                Matt, I'm laughing because looking at your haul, the guys fed your soul & the gals fed your belly!

I receievd more than what is in the picture. A nice pitted stone from Rodney ( Pitted both sides) some clay cooking balls , some river polished petrified wood and a nice pottery sherd from Obion. Two very nice points from Ky flintguy. A box of cool stuff from Willjo fossils pet wood brokenpoints some very nice polished agate and pet wood. I did not take pictures of all of it because I am packing but I appreciate everything and thank yu all so much. I also received cards from some folks and emails too. Deb and Tam sent me some snacks which I am very gratful for. Thank you all again. I appreciate everything you guys do. Click image for larger version

Name:	20171228_202736.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	278327
              Last edited by Hoss; 12-28-2017, 08:36 PM.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I mailed the package out to Coach a week ago today, so I figured I could go ahead and open mine. I was stunned by the cool case and all those points in. I will post pics when I get home because I have some questions about them(surprise surprise surprise!) and I am grateful for the gift, kind sir! The lithic is unique, and like nothing we have here.

*i feel more like kwanza Claws or Hannaka Harry being this late...sorry for the delay. :-/
                Last edited by Jethro355; 01-03-2018, 10:08 AM. Reason: I'm slow.
                Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• CoachG
                  CoachG commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I received yours yesterday. I'll post pics of it as soon as I can. Thank you very much. Hope you enjoy the points.

Coach, I loved the points more than you know, sir. I have some questions about them too, as they are unfamiliar in both type and lithic...the one that I think is a repurposed point-turned scraper is just as cool as anything I’ve seen...

I had no idea what to send you, but I thought I’d try making something arrowhead-ish and since I’m not good with rock, but do most of my better work with metals...i took a shot in the dark. I do metal sculptures and artwork as a stress relief sort of thing. The Dragonfly is something I started making several years ago for my wife and then my mom. They both love dragonflys and I also am fascinated by them. They are sticking up in her flower beds and hanging from trees all over the place here.

Comment

• 2ndoldman
                  2ndoldman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I just saw Coach's picture and I agree. That is very cool.

That rounded/repurposed one is really cool👍👍👍👍

Comment

Hope the glass didn't break.

Comment

Sorry it's taken so long Jethro. I finally got a pic of your gift after after a game tonight. Thanks again. It's much appreciated .

Comment

• Jethro355
                      Jethro355 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The rod in the box (hope it was in there) is in case you want to put it in the garden or a flower bed. Should thread into a hole in the bottom...
                      The “arrowhead” is something I’ve been tinkering with on pommels on knives. It’s an ancient Japanese metal working technique called Mokume-gane...(https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mokume-gane)...it’s just basically laminating metals like Damascus steel, except it’s joining different metals. That thing is copper/brass.

*if I’ve said any of this, please forgive me. My memory is crap.

I hope your team won!
                  Working...
                  X