This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bragging rights! Find of the Month Rules

A little while ago I opened my big yap to the upper crust mucky mucks here on the forum, and you guest it I got told to run with it.
    So without further ado I am announcing a new thing here on the forum.
    This will be a month to month event that is open to each and every member/ moderator and admin with one proviso. I will not be participating.
    YAH YAH YAH I hear some of you already saying come on Bruce, out with it. OKAY HERE IS WHAT IS NEW.
    We are going to start a find of the month contest beginning this month.
    There are very few rules.
    #1 It must be a personal find.
    #2 It must have been found in the month that you are entering it for.
    #3 You need to add a link to your original post.
    And this is a no brainer. #4 Two decent pictures are required for entry. WE DON'T ACCEPT WORD OF MOUTH THAT IT IS A G10
    How will this contest work you ask.
    Well to start off with all you need to do is keep on finding and showing off your finds just like always.
    At the start of the month (April will be the first one) I will make a post and ask for you to comment with two pictures of your best find and the link to your post.
    After one week I will create a blind pol whereby all of the member will chose which is their favorite entry.
    Hopefully this goes off without a hitch and everyone enjoys.
    HOW TO FOR ADDING A LINK.
    Go to your original post and you will see this at the top of the page.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	InkedCapture_LI.jpg Views:	1 Size:	91.8 KB ID:	288810 Right click on it and chose copy.
    Then when you post your pictures you right click in the content (where you type your explanation of the find) and chose paste.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Will there be voting?
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      YES. The winner will be chosen by popular vote.

Hey why do ya gotta drag me down with ya? What'd I ever do to you? Happy Friday Bruce....
    Last edited by BabaORiley; 03-02-2018, 03:03 PM.
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

As to the voting. This will only work properly if everyone only votes for their favorite find.
    So PLEASE, when I set up the pol only chose one.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      I am hoping to make it a pole Ron. It will be a challenge since I do not have moderator authority on this site but I will try.

• Pinetree1
      Pinetree1 commented
      Editing a comment
      If it's just one vote then we need to wait till the end of the month to vote.

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Voting will happen for a week or two once I get it all together.

I like it Bruce .. good fun .
    I can vote... till I get to the cabin and can look .I am sooo done with this rock.

Comment

• BabaORiley
      BabaORiley commented
      Editing a comment
      Do they really eat a lot of spam in Hawaii?

Yes it’s awful . Baba you go into a 7-11 or any little gas station store and at the counter they have rice balls with spam on it .
    Then once a year they will have no not a cool chili cook off but a spam cook off ...
    Here ya go ... you go to McDonalds out here and they serve eggs with Portuguese sausage ( pretty good ) and I am going to say spam .
    This is going to be a new thread for me . I’ll take as many pics as I can if I remember that have spam on the menu.
    But any local eatery has it . Spam and rice . The drugs stores have pallets of it yep no typo there ..pallets

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      My grandpa was a Marine in WWII, in and out of Hawaii a good bit, and he always called Spam “ham that couldn’t pass the physical”. He hated it.

Ate a ton of it back in the mid 70's factory both my parents worked at was firebombed. We hunted fished ate spam if we didn't catch or kill something. Had chicken soup a lot too. Once a month mom would treat us with London broil smothered in lipton instant onion soup. Loll. those were some rough times. Dad took a job in a small factory and walked to work every morning at 330 am only had one car mom needed it for her job. We went from poor t really poor over night.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Sorry for the rant Bruce love the idea and thanks for spearheading this.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem Matt. I hope that this takes off without to many glitches.

Had to add this one for this month, found yesterday at our ranch in Hamilton county, Texas, please let me know what you think.

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        I think that that is awesome. Do me a favor though and post this where you normally would and at the first of next month when I ask for submissions then post those first two pictures.
    Working...
    X