No announcement yet.

Third annual Secret Santa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Matt I know you said we. Can all share our gifts beginning Christmas day. But Tam freaked out and showed hers right away and willjo and kyflintguy. ..I just did what they did! Couldn't wait. ...so. if ur gonna ban me you gotta ban them too! Merry Christmas to all y'all on AH.com Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181222_100953.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	339521
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you get the Christmas card that was in there too?

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes BA. . nice.....what's the population of chaffee?

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      As of 2010 the population was 2,955. I think the current population is closer to 2,900. The picture on the card is of the gazebo in the circle park roundabout in the center of town. It is supposedly one of the oldest roundabouts in the US.

Omgosh I did not read wait till Xmas .
    Tam banned lol

Comment

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't worry I'll handle Matt!!

Merry Christmas to me!!! I got four beautiful gifts from Matt aka Hoss. It just don't get no better than this. Matt gave me a Red Jasper slab from Georgia. I will enjoy knapping that beautiful rock. Matt made a real nice Esopus Creek Chert Point in 1989: I love it. And there were two great ancient artifacts in the Christmas package. A small Kentucky Adz; Check out the bit on that beauty. My favorite I saved for last: Matt gave me an awesome Quartzite Eared Yadkin from Virginia. You made my day Buddy.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Jasper Slab, Georgia.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	339765 Click image for larger version

Name:	Esopus Creek Point knapped by Matt in 1989.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	339763

Name:	Adz, Kentucky a.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	339761 Click image for larger version

Name:	Adz, Kentucky b.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	339762

Name:	Eared Yadkin Quartzite, Virginia.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	339764
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Ron Kelley
      Ron Kelley commented
      Editing a comment
      The Flintknapping on that point is outstanding.

• Hoss
      Hoss commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad you like them Ron

• Kyflintguy
      Kyflintguy commented
      Editing a comment
      That Kentucky adz appears to be made of Boyles Chert, nice gifts!

I saw that slab of jasper and knew you would be happy !! But then all the rest .

Comment

• Ron Kelley
      Ron Kelley commented
      Editing a comment
      Four great Christmas presents all in one box. Today I feel the Christmas Spirit.

This is one day early Matt, I do hope you don't pull a Grinch and cancel this awesome gift sharing we have going. 😉 My package came entitled the sender as "Secret Santa "
    Thank you Ron, someday I hope to be able to share something with you.

Name:	20181224_123025.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	340024
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

I can't wait to show mine tomorrow!
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Well well we’ll Bruce you got yourself some fine points now

Comment

I got my Secret Santa gift from Bruce about a week and a half ago. It was a small envelope, and me being the curious type, I felt around and noticed it was shaped like a riker case. Being so heavy, I quickly deduced that there could only be one thing that could be inside that package. Lead. I was so surprised when I opened it! I love them! Thank you Bruce so much!

Name:	DSC_0452.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	213.4 KB
ID:	340072

From left to right, top to bottom:

Sword Hanger, Percussion cap for a Civil War musket.

.69 Cal. Minie ball, .58 cal. Minie ball, .58 Cal. Minie ball, Confederate Ring tail Sharps carbine, Gallagher carbine, U.S. Dragoons pistol, Sage waterproof pistol, Colt, I haven't the foggiest, and a flat button.

New York cuff button, Suspender clip(?), and an 1861 Seated Liberty Dime.

Name:	DSC_0473.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	340073

I am so glad I joined this forum, and this Secret Santa! Thank you so much friends!
          "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• 2ndoldman
            2ndoldman commented
            Editing a comment
            I am very happy that you like what I sent Ethan.

• SDhunter
            SDhunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Very nice

• Broken Arrow
            Broken Arrow commented
            Editing a comment
            Sweet!! That seated liberty is great, one of my favorite designs of the classic US coins.

I sent my SS to a new member , I hope he got it 🤫

Comment

Lots of joy with them great gifts
            NW Georgia,

Comment

Secretg Santa stopped by and I wanted to say Thanks to Ethan . Ethan gave me some cool stuff some slag, pottery sherds civil war bullet, a little point, but I really like the handy work on the hand made slate gorget. Thank you Ethan this was an awesome surprise and I am so happy to have something you made man. Ethan help an old guy out with descriptions. I misplaced the note because I have been at it again renovations. Click image for larger version  Name:	ethan.jpg Views:	1 Size:	215.1 KB ID:	340131 Click image for larger version  Name:	secret.jpg Views:	1 Size:	153.6 KB ID:	340132
              Last edited by Hoss; 12-25-2018, 05:04 PM.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Kentucky point
                Kentucky point commented
                Editing a comment
                I am really glad you like the stuff! The pot sherds are from the camp in Georgia I visited this year, the bullet was found by my dad in Virginia, the point is Carter Cave or Paloi chert, and the slag is from an 1840's iron furnace down the road.

Merry Christmas from The Hill People Trading Company!

• Kentucky point
                Kentucky point commented
                Editing a comment
                Now that I think about it, I look kinda OCD, with all those little individual bags...

Special shout out to Gary. Gary saw a picture of my Dad in hunting clothes in a past post from me here. The Joke was I asked a guy if he saw anything in the woods . I was in Maine and the guy looks at me . thinks for a minute and says " I saw Elmer Fudd!" So Gary was in a store and saw this hat which reminded him of my post. Gary I love this hat man. This hat is called a stormy kromer. Some baseball star from the early 1900's designed it and they still make them today. It is warm yet very cool if you are into nostalgia . Thanks Gary An advertisement with the hat says that it is guaranteed for life. It also states these hats are so popular with some folks that men get burried wearing them. I knew a guy or lets say there was a man who lived in Shelton CT in a Log Cabin back in the 60's to the 80's he would stand on the side of rt 110 smoking a pipe. Wearing a hat like this. Many people thought that man was odd. When he passed the story cirgulated in the local paper that he was actually famous for paint a portrait of John F Kennedy.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	stormy.jpg Views:	1 Size:	50.6 KB ID:	340134
              Last edited by SDhunter; 12-26-2018, 09:01 AM.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Hoss
                Hoss commented
                Editing a comment
                Dude I love this hat

• Broken Arrow
                Broken Arrow commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks great on you bossman!

• redrocks
                redrocks commented
                Editing a comment
                That is one cool hat Elmer!

still waiting on my package to arrive
              Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

I'm wait'n with ya BA. Mine was delivered on 20 Dec but nothing on this end yet. Could've been like me and almost waited to the last minute. Faith my friend - patience is supposed to be a virtue - Huh?
                Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• Hoss
                  Hoss commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I did not get the addresses out on the first like I did last year so we will just be patient and see what happens. Keep me posted guys I have connections at the secret north pole

• Warren Matthew
                  Warren Matthew commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry for taking so long to say thanks. I did hold out till Christmas Morning. Felt like a kid again. I've been alone so long I can't remember the last time I had a wrapped gift waiting for me to open on Christmas. A great gift I will cherish the rest of my life, and wrapping paper I will save and use next year for the box of rocks someone will get. Maybe I'll throw in a few rocks someone chipped away at a few thousand years ago. I'm a tech at an RV rental lot. Busiest we have been all year. Sorry excuse for being lazy I know. And a cheap SOB. I got some nice artifacts in a cool display box. I gave rocks. Not even wrapped! Next year will be different, I promise. Got the Christmas paper waiting!

• Scorpion68
                  Scorpion68 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Warren - was starting to worry that you hadn't received it but I'm glad you liked them and the case. Enjoy them as part of your collection. Please stay active on our website - you can become part of our family and share in all the surprises and disappointments that come with following our members and their posts. Hope you had a Happy Christmas and truly wish you a Safe and Prosperous New Year.

Click image for larger version  Name:	907EBE98-A887-4FF0-9C9C-ECF33C3B6453.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	238.8 KB ID:	340230 Click image for larger version  Name:	71D4395E-6C9B-499D-8672-3DEA7AC4BE94.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	146.8 KB ID:	340229 Click image for larger version  Name:	44F6D667-2D60-4527-A057-8F59A88B87EF.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	54.9 KB ID:	340228 Click image for larger version  Name:	432859B9-57C0-4017-81CF-B4495DC5A7B7.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	59.8 KB ID:	340227

Thank you Warren Matthew, for the cool rocks and fossil? Looks like some kind of bivalve? I’m not really sure..
                I wish I could knap like others on here, because some of these would make pretty points!
                South Dakota

Comment

• willjo
                  willjo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You got some nice palm wood there, polishes up really nice.

• Warren Matthew
                  Warren Matthew commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You are very welcome. The fossil is a clam shell , known as "Heart of Texas".
                  I'm 5th generation on this land these come from and I'm grateful for the opportunity to share (a box of rocks) with people like me that enjoy...(rocks?)
                  Cheapest date ever! Rocks from the backyard. There's more where those came from so if you know anyone that would like some to knap I would love to see what could be made from them.
              Working...
              X