Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third annual Secret Santa 2018

Third annual Secret Santa 2018

This is always fun. Please join in. Thanks.
    Secret Santa is becoming a tradtion here on Arrowheads.com Names will be drawn on December 1st this year The original idea for this fun community gift trade came to me from our very own "JoshinMo". I think it is an absolute awesome idea. Please do not post your mailing address to the forum. Please send me your mailing address via Private Message. I will compile a list and then pair you off with someone else who has sent me their mailing address. You will not know who is sending you something until you get it in the mail. If we get an odd number of mailing addresses I will make up the slack myself. The gift could be something you found or made or bought. As long as it is hobby related. Metal detector guys if you wish to gift something you found that is cool. I know some folks would not want to part with personal finds. I do not want to exclude anyone from this. If you are new to the site and have never found anything you can shop for a book on ebay and join in the fun. It does not have to be an expensive gift. It could be a wood carving of an arrowhead a small shadow box. The gift could be something artifact or specimen collecting related. It could be a fossil. You could hand make a small pouch to stash arrowheads in. Make a small wood box or a frame even if you just want to knapp a modern point and gift it. Home made gifts are precious. .
    This will be fun. Please remember though do not post your mailing address on line. Get it to me in a private message. In the header of the PM write Secret Santa so I can spot them and add them to the list. Your whole name and address. In previous years folks sent me just a street address and assumed I know your first and last name. Please send you whole address. .

If anyone has questions you can PM me or post the question here. There are no stupid questions only stupid answers. I am so looking forward to this. Everyone please join in. Deadline for submitting your address is November 30. I will provide you with the name and address I picked for you on December 1st. Do not tell the person ( remember it is secret santa) just make or buy a gift and mail it to that person. Please dont spoil the surprise let the person find out when the mail arrives. Click image for larger version

Name:	chief.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	329649
    Last edited by Hoss; 11-02-2018, 06:13 PM.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	Santa.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	329638
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      I know that's not you, Ron. Lol!

It sounds very fun! I'll see if I can get clearance from the top so I can join in on this activity. ;-)
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

As always Hoss, I'm in.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

I noticed the picture you posted. I looked at it, scrolled down, and did a double-take as I realized that those are bison pulling the sled! Good one!

Comment

• redrocks
          redrocks commented
          Editing a comment
          And the tree tops look like Levanna triangles.....Nice Matt

I'm in too Hoss
        SW Connecticut

Comment

As always I am in . I love this once a year gathering .

Comment

If you are in please PM me your mailing address. I have to make a new list each year because I print that list at the end date I cut the addresses out and I match the people with whom ever I sleect to be secret sanata

It would greatly help me if you do it like this.

Your log in name
            Your real name
            Your street address
            City State Zipcode
            Just PM that information to me with Secret santa in the header please.
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Ron Kelley
              Ron Kelley commented
              Editing a comment
              Hoss how the heck did you know my real name? lol

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm with Ron, that was a good guess!

• Hoss
              Hoss commented
              Editing a comment
              I know everything. I just can't remember it all at once.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chiefflies.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	331033

Comment

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              Somehow, I get the feeling that kids would rather sit on "Mall Santa's" lap then this guys, lol!

• chiefwompatuck
              chiefwompatuck commented
              Editing a comment
              hahaha Kentucky point

I’m in too !
            call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Sign me up
              Bruce
              In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Count me in!
                Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Eh, what the heck. Why not!

I will make a small note. I am very picky. Only Native American or Civil War related material please.

I can't wait to try this!

Comment

Okay, here's a question: Do you assign who gets to mail you a present? ;-)

Comment

• Hoss
                      Hoss commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I pick out of a hat. In the past I picked two at a time and those two mailed to each other. This year. I pick one he will mail to the next person picked and the second person mails to the third and so on then the last person picked mails to the first person I picked out of the hat. It is the best way and will work even if we have an odd number of people playing.
                      Last edited by Hoss; 11-15-2018, 08:06 PM.

How is this going?
                    Bruce
                    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Working...
                    X