Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It is time for a new contest. Place your January 2019 entries here.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is time for a new contest. Place your January 2019 entries here.

This contest is for bragging rights best find of January 2019. Please remember to post 2 good pictures in this topic along with a link to your original post. If you have trouble creating a link let me know. Thanks . Good luck and have fun.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

I don't think I will be entering this month. I think my cache of 100 fluted Cumberland's, and 50 Clovises may scare away any competition, ha ha, lol! Good luck guys!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• BabaORiley
      BabaORiley commented
      Editing a comment
      Ethan...I have the guy that planted that cache and he wants em back!!! Very old and cantankerous fellow...seems that your post really got his dander up. If you will just expediate the caches to me I think he will be happy and go about his way...my wife would be happy to get the reaking beardo from her kitchen...

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      Weeeeell. I just happen to like this guys cache. Finders keepers!

Found this beauty in Lincoln county Missouri I do believe it's a Kings corner notch I never found one like it before which is awesome I don't know the material but it's cool as a cucumber
    Last edited by Creekclovis83; 01-12-2019, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• Hoss
      Hoss commented
      Editing a comment
      Creekclovis make a topic about the finds then link that topic to your pictures in here.

I know there are better finds than this but I'll play along since the ground is buried under 8 inches of snow at the moment. Lanceolate point found on top of the gravel in a small stream.

Not sure how to link with original post but it was titled "On the Board for 2019".
    Hiked out to one of my ravines today since the sun was shining. As soon as I get down to the creek and start looking this is sitting there on top of the gravel, waiting for me to come along. I wasn't there 5 minutes. DSC_3611 (1024x739).jpg DSC_3612 (1024x722).jpg It is 3 inches by 1 inch and made of Carter County flint. The
    Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

Picture isn’t showing up for me fld but I’m on my phone
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• JoshinMO
        JoshinMO commented
        Editing a comment
        I can't see Them either.

Can you see them here?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3611 (1024x739).jpg
Views:	216
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	344339 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3612 (1024x722).jpg
Views:	219
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	344340
      My computer wins most of our arguments. fldwlkr
      Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s better

I found my lost key fob in the driveway today after some snow melted. That's the find of the month for me lol.
      New Jersey

Comment

• Josie
        Josie commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol. I bet!

Just to clarify this months contest will cover December 2018 and January 2019 finds. We did not have a contest last month because I had a lot going on with family and the secret sanat was in play so this month we will allow December 2018 and January 2019 finds in the contest. Lets get this contest going guys and gals. Have fun it is just for bragging rights.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Broken Arrow
        Broken Arrow commented
        Editing a comment
        In that case, I'll get an entry in here in the next day or two

Click image for larger version  Name:	CE9FBC37-1889-42C3-8A6C-2B2222DED2F1.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	110.9 KB ID:	344753 I’m going to enter my Turkey Tail i found it December

SDC13432.JPG SDC13435.JPG Finally the fields were dry enough to go have a look today. Couldnt ask for a nicer day weather wise 60s and sunny. Wish I had taken my camera but this field is near a busy road and the owner can see me from their house. I dont think they would understand if they looked out and saw me taking pics so I
      Last edited by CMD; 01-20-2019, 11:37 AM.
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Going to need some help adding the original post titled My 1st Turkey Tail, thanks Charlie
        Last edited by SurfaceHunter; 01-20-2019, 03:32 PM.

From the first week of December, thin quartz point, RI....

(Edit: this might be an earlier type. See comments below)Had some luck today. I'm guessing Brewerton Eared Notched, with one notch resharpened away. At least the one side notch, and degree of basal concavity, most matches that type. Quartz is a very unusual material for that particular type, though. I'm not sure I've ever found
      Rhode Island

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s a beautiful point Charlie

• CMD
        CMD commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, Glen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4639.PNG
Views:	87
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	345068 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4636.PNG
Views:	86
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	345067
      N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

we are getting some nice artifacts posted up. I am sure there are more . Join in the fun my friends. No loosers all are winners because you found artifacts.

Comment

We forgot Nov to I’ll see if I can put that Duval on if it’s ok Hoss . Why do I know this it’s the only time in fall I go

Comment

• Hoss
          Hoss commented
          Editing a comment
          Go ahead and put it in Tam. And no we did not forget I had a lot on my plate that month.

Found this knife under an ice skim in December, wish I had snapped I picture before I grabbed it up. Thought it was likely a leaf but the color seemed to bright.. glad I checked!

Comment

https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/...9-on-the-boardClick image for larger version  Name:	0126191454a-1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	30.1 KB ID:	347471 Click image for larger version  Name:	0126191229b-1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	34.3 KB ID:	347472
          Last edited by Broken Arrow; 02-01-2019, 10:10 AM.
          Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Working...
          X