Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SurfaceHunter
    commented on 's reply
    Some might not know what pitch is. It was a mixture they made from tree sap and used it for a glue to hold the point in the handle or spear. I’d leave it on.

• SurfaceHunter
    commented on 's reply
    I was actually thinking that myself I have seen some found with it before.

• NOTCHEDNate
    commented on 's reply
    Honestly don't know. When I found it I tried to wash it off but that stuff was like concreted onto it. Had me wondering if it was some sort of "pitch" style glue that was somehow still preserved on the point. But your guess is as good as mine! lol

• SurfaceHunter
    commented on 's reply
    Nice!!! What’s the black on it near the base in first pic?

• NOTCHEDNate
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2468.JPG Views:	1 Size:	31.5 KB ID:	358709 Here's that Sedalia I posted earlier in the week! Worth a shot haha . https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/...14-sedalia-a-bClick image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2466.JPG Views:	2 Size:	44.0 KB ID:	358708

Leave a comment:

• Broken Arrow
    commented on 's reply
    I'll get it in here surface hunter. I'll get some better pics of it tomorrow.

• robshap
    replied
    OK Hoss said to have fun so I am posting a March find that will blow the other finds away. You just need a little imagination. First notice the fine lithic material. Next notice that flake work. Even Ron Kelly cant come close to that fine workmanship. Can you see the perfection that I see? Do I win?

Leave a comment:

• SurfaceHunter
    commented on 's reply
    Broken arrow where is your Adena?

• Hoss
    replied
    Anyone else have a find from March. I will keep this open for a week in April for those last day add ins. If yopu think you cannot beat that point up above just remember you are not in a contest with Perfect Find you are in a contest with the artifact. No one is judging you if you loose. It is all about bragging rights for the month.

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    commented on 's reply
    HYope you get a chance to sneak out Glenn . Thanks for entering .

• SurfaceHunter
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	C41B6BFF-AE2C-4D95-B9F4-0E127AB4EB66.jpeg
Views:	208
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	359703 Click image for larger version  Name:	349BFFF0-C15D-429A-8662-9205F68EB764.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	122.9 KB ID:	359701 {"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t0B0168E1-67D1-406A-98A2-D73C6C4D7FF7.jpeg Views:\t3 Size:\t192.5 KB ID:\t358325","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"358325","data-size":"medium"} Going to enter my hoe I found this month. I don’t think I’m gonna be able to get out anymore this month. N GA
    Last edited by SurfaceHunter; 04-03-2019, 07:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tam
    replied
    I think they took a look at those and said forget it lol

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    replied
    I know there are more finds out there. This is about fun. It is for bragging rights only so please if you found something please just add it cor consideration in out fun monthly contest.

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    commented on 's reply
    Never give up Glenn never give up. Join in the fun. It is nice to be able to see everything that was discovered in one place each month.

• Hoss
    commented on 's reply
    Please start a topic about this fine artifact in the Native American Arrowheads & Other Lithic Artifacts It is part of the rules of the contest to have a topic started about the artifact and then post two photos of the artifact along with a link to your original topic in here to complete your entry. Thanks and welcome to arrowheads.com
Working...
X