It is time for a new contest. Place your March 2019 entries here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is time for a new contest. Place your March 2019 entries here

It is time for a new contest. Place your March 2019 entries here.
    This contest is for bragging rights best find of March 2019. Please remember to post 2 good pictures in this topic along with a link to your original post. If you have trouble creating a link let me know. Thanks . Good luck and have fun.
    Last edited by Hoss; 03-18-2019, 02:08 PM.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Hoss, please help. Don’t know how to add original link. My husband posted if for me originally.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Perfect Find; 03-19-2019, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• Hoss
      Hoss commented
      Editing a comment
      Please start a topic about this fine artifact in the Native American Arrowheads & Other Lithic Artifacts It is part of the rules of the contest to have a topic started about the artifact and then post two photos of the artifact along with a link to your original topic in here to complete your entry. Thanks and welcome to arrowheads.com

• Hoss
      Hoss commented
      Editing a comment
      As you can see I asked you to start a topic. You did not. No one asked me for help. If you did ask you would have received help. You should know your facts before you point fingers at folks. Nice point probably a winner however the rules were not followed. So go ahead a quit. I did not get this far in life by letting little mistakes set me back. Go out find a new point put it in the next contest and show so.e pride in what you found. Or jus quit and blame.everyone else for your mistake. Your choice. Your welcome to stay. Or go.

You win it’s a beautiful piece
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Thank you, I was beyond excited when I found it.
      Truly a once in lifetime find for me 😁

Comment

My David to that Goliath hidden valley https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/...st-graham-cave
        Last edited by Hoss; 03-21-2019, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Wow nice 👏🏼

Comment

That’s tough.....😳
            Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

I wonder if my hoe would stand a chance 😃
              NW Georgia,

Comment

• Hoss
                Hoss commented
                Editing a comment
                Never give up Glenn never give up. Join in the fun. It is nice to be able to see everything that was discovered in one place each month.

I know there are more finds out there. This is about fun. It is for bragging rights only so please if you found something please just add it cor consideration in out fun monthly contest.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I think they took a look at those and said forget it lol

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	C41B6BFF-AE2C-4D95-B9F4-0E127AB4EB66.jpeg
Views:	206
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	359703 Click image for larger version  Name:	349BFFF0-C15D-429A-8662-9205F68EB764.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	122.9 KB ID:	359701 {"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t0B0168E1-67D1-406A-98A2-D73C6C4D7FF7.jpeg Views:\t3 Size:\t192.5 KB ID:\t358325","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"358325","data-size":"medium"} Going to enter my hoe I found this month. I don’t think I’m gonna be able to get out anymore this month. N GA
                  Last edited by SurfaceHunter; 04-03-2019, 07:01 AM.
                  NW Georgia,

Comment

• Hoss
                    Hoss commented
                    Editing a comment
                    HYope you get a chance to sneak out Glenn . Thanks for entering .

Anyone else have a find from March. I will keep this open for a week in April for those last day add ins. If yopu think you cannot beat that point up above just remember you are not in a contest with Perfect Find you are in a contest with the artifact. No one is judging you if you loose. It is all about bragging rights for the month.

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                    SurfaceHunter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Broken arrow where is your Adena?

• Broken Arrow
                    Broken Arrow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'll get it in here surface hunter. I'll get some better pics of it tomorrow.

OK Hoss said to have fun so I am posting a March find that will blow the other finds away. You just need a little imagination. First notice the fine lithic material. Next notice that flake work. Even Ron Kelly cant come close to that fine workmanship. Can you see the perfection that I see? Do I win?

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2468.JPG Views:	1 Size:	31.5 KB ID:	358709 Here's that Sedalia I posted earlier in the week! Worth a shot haha . https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/...14-sedalia-a-bClick image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2466.JPG Views:	2 Size:	44.0 KB ID:	358708
                    Johnson county Missouri

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                      SurfaceHunter commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I was actually thinking that myself I have seen some found with it before.

• SurfaceHunter
                      SurfaceHunter commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Some might not know what pitch is. It was a mixture they made from tree sap and used it for a glue to hold the point in the handle or spear. I’d leave it on.

• NOTCHEDNate
                      NOTCHEDNate commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That is sweet!! I didn't know it could actually stand the test of time. Makes that Sedalia even more cool IMO! I've never found any others like it with that pitch still on it. Pretty sweet!

Ok that’s a gem . If that really is pitch it puts it in a whole different class of finds . An archeologist team would have a hay day on carbon dating that pitch . Could find the difference maybe in pines back then . It’s an entirely different subject .

Comment

• Ashley1972
                      Ashley1972 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have a spot where about 15-20 percent have pitch on them. It opened my eyes to how much stuff was hafted. Until then I thought most of my finds were hand tools. I was amazed by the quantity of micro-lithic material that was hafted to something. I wish I knew how to get some of them carbon dated. Not knowing the age of the sites I’m working is killing me. The lack of pottery would suggest 4000+ but I don’t feel like the sites are that old. Anyway, it’s very cool finding relics with pitch still on them.
                  Working...
                  X