September Find of the Month entry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September Find of the Month entry!

It's that time again. If you found an artifact, this past September, enter it in this months contest! It doesn't matter if it's chunky, fine, G10, or G1, participation is what we're going for here. Last month, we set a record for voting, so lets see if we can break that record again.

Please post two good pictures of the artifact, and the link to your original post about the artifact.

Thanks!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Hi, my 8 year old Son, Dommy, found this Sunday morning while "creekin" on my Aunt & Uncle's property in Ross County, Ohio. After getting some EXCELLENT feedback on your "What Did I Find?" Forum, his excitement has grown ten fold! We have been told it's a Thebes Point Knife from the Early Archaic Period. Since my Uncle has his backhoe ready (to widen the creek & clear debris) we are definitely going back so He can continue his hunt! Thanks to all! Click image for larger version

Name:	20190930_142304.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	394985 Click image for larger version

Name:	20190930_143040.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	394986

Comment

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice Thebes. What was the title of your original post? I'll have to add the link.

Oh, so sorry! Thank you! Here's a screenshot, I've been trying to figure it out! Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191002-135159_Chrome.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	395018

Comment

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem, I'll get it in a bit.

Gotta love a g ten from a creek

Comment

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't forget the link.

Comment

Entry will close on the 12th.

Comment

I’d enter but I didn’t find anything so will skip this one. Hope to see some good artifacts
        NW Georgia,

Comment

C'mon now....surely someone, somewhere, has something to enter!?

Comment

Paleo flake blade.
            I pushed in and leveled the one hole we dug this summer. Yesterday it rained a little. Went over to the spot to see if anything showed up. This dandy flake knife was sitting right on top. Its much like the other uniface flake blades we find except it has very fine edge work on the edge that is usually unworked. Probably
            Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

• Sage hen jack
              Sage hen jack commented
              Editing a comment
              Not many to choose from. But I Gotta give this one a 👍. Paleo skinning Blades like this aren’t that common.

Found today....NW Tn.....I'm not sure of point type....damage to the ears and missing point....I'm thinking wheeler recurvate but could be totally off....any other thoughts...hopefully there is enough of base left for someone to id. 20190922_155519.jpg 20190922_155341.jpg 20190922_154942.jpg 20190922_154925.jpg

Hey all..I was torn between the only two points I found in September. One that appeared to be in really good shape with cool colors and this one with ear damage/point damage.....I decided to choose this not only because of the great praise received from this find but age of point....most input suggests a quad with some leaning toward unfluted clovis...personally i l Click image for larger version

Name:	20190922_155341.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	396116 Click image for larger version

Name:	20190922_155519.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	396117 Click image for larger version

Name:	20190922_175956.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	396118 Click image for larger version

Name:	20190922_175256.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	396119 Click image for larger version

Name:	20190922_175331.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	396120 ike the story of the thebes plus it was a really beautiful point....anyway here is my entry
            Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

I'd be overjoyed to find that point. Paleo really rare around here, dang they didn't have huge village sites.
              SE IA

Comment

Getting in on this one. Just have to choose a point and get some pics.
                Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                  SurfaceHunter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You better hurry with the pics

Two more days!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Resized952019101295130101.jpg Views:	1 Size:	70.8 KB ID:	396902 https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/...-the-burn-siteClick image for larger version  Name:	Resized952019101295130022.jpg Views:	1 Size:	91.2 KB ID:	396903
                  Last edited by Broken Arrow; 10-12-2019, 01:16 PM.
                  Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

• Ron Kelley
                    Ron Kelley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That last picture is outstanding. I wish all my pictures were that good.

• Broken Arrow
                    Broken Arrow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks SH. I really like the color on it too.

• Broken Arrow
                    Broken Arrow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks, Ron. I used my wife's phone.

I'll give it 'til 5 pm in case anyone else wants to join...

Comment

Working...
                  X