No announcement yet.

4th Annual Secret Santa 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I will load a box tomorrow for a lucky person and mail it off.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

I'm sending one out today. I pity the poor soul who receives it, lol! I just grabbed what was laying around on my desk.
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Sometimes it's the thought that counts and not what you receive

In my opinion it should always be the thought that counts and not what you receive. But that’s easily said when you’re bad a picking out gifts like myself! Lol
      Warren County New Jersey

Comment

Well someone is getting a box Tuesday I couldn't hardly close the thing had to use extra tape. All personal finds. Hope you enjoy the Georgia pieces.
        NW Georgia,

Comment

• Kentucky point
          Kentucky point commented
          Editing a comment
          lol, I sent a box today, (unrelated to this) and couldn't shut it either. I wasn't about to pay for a larger box, so with expert finesse (jamming) I got it taped and sent.

Mine went out wed.the 4th
        Wyoming

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Should of arrived by now wouldn't you think. I know it wasn't me you sent to.

• beatup1354
          beatup1354 commented
          Editing a comment
          it did today, had to go international.

So are we allowed to open them when we get them or should we wait till Christmas? It would be fun if everyone opened the same time.
        NW Georgia,

Comment

• Kentucky point
          Kentucky point commented
          Editing a comment
          Last year we did it "live" as they came in. I got a package today, and I was like, "who in the heck is this dude, and how did he get my address?" It was you, lol!

My gift is on the sleigh and headed out. A little tease: The smallest item is kinda special.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Sure hope it isn't black cherry pits

Secret Santa took me by surprise today. I have to wait until tomorrow for pics, as it is terrible for lighting today. Thanks Glenn!

Comment

Boy internet is slow tonight. Hope you like what I sent and I hope the pottery made it okay that one piece has some nice decoration on it from a small pot rim.
        NW Georgia,

Comment

• Kentucky point
          Kentucky point commented
          Editing a comment
          Of course I liked it! But the picture is still going up.

Got my gift yesterday and it is an awesome group of Georgian artifacts, I don't have anything like them so it's very special.
        However the sender didn't include his handle for me to send him a "thank you" message and Hoss's mailbox is full to get it so to Johnny and all of you,
        MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
        San Luis Valley, southern Colorado

Comment

Well my Secret Santa gift arrived a couple days ago. I finally had time to post pics and express my gratitude toward a fine young fella who I have no doubt will be a fine old fella one day. Thank you Ethan aka Kentucky Point. The gifts are just excellent. The awl, points and bannerstone were all made by him. His advancement from when he started is truly amazing...he has a gift. Two beautifully knapped points. The bone awl...not sure what the bone is from... is awesome. I finally have a bannerstone !!! Got a feeling that might be the only one I ever have...lol. Pottery from Georgia and one piece is really cool as the black grit line is very contrasting with the fire line. A 58 cal .lead bullet from the Civil War Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1251.JPG
Views:	443
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	408858 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1251.JPG
Views:	391
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	408859 battle of Chancellorsville. What a hunk of lead...wow! A clay marble from an 1800s house. I would have no chance of ever finding one of those around here. Ethan I cant express enough thanks for these trinkets you so generously gave up. Thank you, God Bless and Merry Christmas...
          The chase is better than the catch...
          I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• beatup1354
            beatup1354 commented
            Editing a comment
            very cool collection

• Cecilia
            Cecilia commented
            Editing a comment
            Excellent present, KP!

• redrocks
            redrocks commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice

My secret santa package arrived today ,from RioDelNorte packed full of flint flakes and some nice brokes ,the best for me were all the shards they more than quadrupled my small collection also a nice piece of obsidian that i would call an apache tear and polishing stone that was used on pottery. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6428.JPG
Views:	403
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	408864 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6429.JPG
Views:	321
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	408865 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6427.JPG
Views:	342
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	408866 Thanks for it all Chad.
          Wyoming

Comment

• Ron Kelley
            Ron Kelley commented
            Editing a comment
            WOW That is an awesome collection of potsherds. I love the patterns.

• Cecilia
            Cecilia commented
            Editing a comment
            My o my o my

• redrocks
            redrocks commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool

Long overdue pictures, sorry about the wait. Great package from Surface Hunter!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0002.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	269.6 KB
ID:	408873

A well rounded selection of flakes, chunks cores and blades...

Name:	DSC_0003.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	408874

Of particular interest is the quartz flake blade, quartz core, black chert flake core, small point, and a knife I now call Fat Albert, lol!

Name:	DSC_0006.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	408875

Great examples of Swiftcreek pottery...

Name:	DSC_0007.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	242.4 KB
ID:	408876

Also a killer Guilford axe, made from slate.

Thank you so much, SH!

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            You have a way with cameras maybe its your picture. That one is much nicer than the other I found back in January. Glad you enjoyed what I sent.

• Cecilia
            Cecilia commented
            Editing a comment
            How wonderful, SH!

• redrocks
            redrocks commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome

I sent mine out a little late mailed off yesterday. Hopefully it isn't something you central plains guys secretly hate.

Comment

• Broken Arrow
            Broken Arrow commented
            Editing a comment
            I got it today Kaleb. I don't have many books on NA artifacts so I am very happy with them.

• Kaleb
            Kaleb commented
            Editing a comment
            Well I'm glad you like it I started thinking that maybe those books would be not so unique since there are so many from the central plains. I'm sending out a box with some utah artifacts for you tomorrow. I enjoyed getting stuff from another area quite a bit so I wanted to pass that on.

• Broken Arrow
            Broken Arrow commented
            Editing a comment
            They were pretty unique to me since they doubled my artifact book collection. Getting items from another area is quite cool. Y'all have some really neat things out that way so I can't wait to see what you're sending.

Still waiting over here.
          NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
          X