November find of the month entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November find of the month entry

Time to enter your November finds into this months contest! Please, we need more than Benjis entry just to make this interesting....

Please remember to add a link to your original post, and post at least two good pictures of your find. Entry will close Dec. 18th.

Thanks!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Ashley’s Find 11/10/19

11-10-2019, 08:31 PM
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DC3D1B20-28B5-4F46-96F4-5A0AE33BBBD7.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	102.1 KB ID:	402467 Click image for larger version  Name:	3E72A411-615A-4F79-B471-BB3411538AAB.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	32.6 KB ID:	402466
    We went for a walk in the field and Ashley found this thin semi translucent point on top of the row. All I found was a few scrapers and some debitage. I have been getting showed up quite a bit here lately but I am happy she got another nice find to add to her collection.
    SE ARKANSAS

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a big one nice colors to.

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a great one!

• PointHound
      PointHound commented
      Editing a comment
      That things a monster!

Click image for larger version

Name:	C2F64DA4-999F-4A2B-A83D-073529AB9A3B.png
Views:	401
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	408622
    Ashley found this Semi translucent beauty! If only Benji had waited a couple more days to find his paleo Beaverlake and then it would have been put in December’s Finds. So what do ya do when you’re up against that lol Congrats on that once in a lifetime find there buddy!
    SE ARKANSAS

Comment

• Artifascination
      Artifascination commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you add the link for us KP? It would be appreciated.

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem.

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      You do the same thing I've been doing all year grin and bare it. I've tried each month but I always get beat. Its okay though still fun to enter if you have something. Good luck

When it is time how do you vote?
    keep on keepin after

Comment

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll post the contest voting on, or soon after Dec. 18th. Voting is easy, you'll see a little button, and you select the one you want to vote for.

• PointHound
      PointHound commented
      Editing a comment
      ok. thanks

Here it is

Comment

• Artifascination
      Artifascination commented
      Editing a comment
      Your cache is definitely a great find!

• PointHound
      PointHound commented
      Editing a comment
      who can forget that find! I would have pooped myself. I can see already this is gonna be a tough one.

• utilized flake
      utilized flake commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow...just wow... That is unreal creekclovis!!!

Here's the link
    Tapped the tip of the long one with the ol shovel almost thought it was a flake it was so thin .I was about to discard it when I noticed really fine flaking on both sides,so I started to probe the area and found the mid section,a little more and I found the base,that one is eight inches even and the thickest spot is about a 1/4

Comment

Benji, I know I'm not supposed to be partial, but I think if you enter this months contest, it will be be battle of the titans, lol!
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Benji
        Benji commented
        Editing a comment
        I know right.....its going to be interesting....im going to try and get mine posted tonight. I may take a few more pics before i post

We need that gorget, pendant on the voting to. Congratulations to all that enter for imo the best finds of the year. Going to be a good one.
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Hey all...first and only point find of November...a series of fortunate events happened on the day i found this point....i was headed to a different location...essentially looking for a new spot to hunt but an encounter made me change my mind...that encounter led me to an old spot that had recently been productive for me however that day i found nothing in that location...i was about to hang it up for the day...for some reason as i headed back to the car....i decided to make one last stop....within a few feet...i noticed this point....happy about my first find for November wasnt sure what i had until the members on here began to identify....definitely my best find so far...not just this year but since ive been hunting. Thanks for all the input, support, and positive feedback.
        https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/...ted-cumberland Click image for larger version

Name:	20191211_194008.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	408922 Click image for larger version

Name:	20191211_194034.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	408923
        Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

• utilized flake
          utilized flake commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang that thing has such a beautiful waist!

Beautiful colors I see some red I wonder if it might be a stained Jasper.
        NW Georgia,

Comment

With visions of tools, points, and knives constantly dancing in my head, I was incredibly shocked to find an ornamental artifact on my yearly post Thanksgiving walk! I slid my thumb over it to clean the face and a small sliver of the slate flaked off similarly to a sheet of mica. I'm afraid of its fragility, as you can see how it's close to separating in half on the tally marked edge! I'm surprised how this gorget or pendant has grown on me since finding it! Good luck to Benji and creek clovis because those two will be a tough choice!! Click image for larger version  Name:	20191212_143743(1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.1 KB ID:	409054 Click image for larger version  Name:	20191212_143825_Burst01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.2 KB ID:	409055
          I absolutely love finding things on the way back! Usually it's walking downstream which mucks up the water and makes it harder to see, but I've found several points walking south after treading north for hours. So today after Thanksgiving I had only a broken and some flakes to show for my entire trip. The sun was low in the
          North Carolina

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Your find is a trophy as well. I'd love to find one whole. I've found exactly 2 both broken at the holes. I have one and I gave Johnny the other. Both are slate.

• utilized flake
            utilized flake commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks surface! Trophy...definitely! But I treat all my personal finds like trophies. From the six inch monsters to the half inch broken triangles. I can't help it, I love em' all!

Four Outstanding Artifacts are being shown here. How the heck can I make one a favorite?
          Last edited by Ron Kelley; 12-12-2019, 08:07 PM.
          Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            This is contest of the heavy weights here.

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Going to be interesting

Here is my entry for the month. Hard to compete with the finds this month but this is still an exceptional piece. Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20191118_134604.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	409377
          Attached Files
          Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

• Broken Arrow
            Broken Arrow commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll have to go fetch the link

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Really like that material the white makes it pop for sure

Can i nominate someone? If so i nominate smbore and his timpinogus blade url is here second set of photos are the good ones.

Out chuckar hunt'en figured I'd kill two bird's with one stone (pun intended) ha..anyway went for a stroll and found a killer timponogus blade I'm assuming any way.and some sort of knife looks paleo ta me and a odd looking sorta arrowhead. Perty excited especially since it's now storming so a good end of season find!!!

Comment

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            The member has to enter the contest himself, unfortunately.

• Ron Kelley
            Ron Kelley commented
            Editing a comment
            SmBore does have a great blade there. I hope he does enter the contest.

That's a beautiful material,any idea what type

Comment

Working...
          X