January find of the month entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January find of the month entry

Time to enter your January finds! Please post two pictures, and the link to your original post in order to enter. Entry closes Feb. 10th.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

It doesn't happen often but it does happen,but that's why I usually check my spoils after a good rain or two,there's usually nothing there but this time I was pleasantly surprised,it's the hardest beve

Comment

Here's pics

Comment

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        That bevel.... wow

• Bloody Fourth
        Bloody Fourth commented
        Editing a comment
        That sure is a beautiful early archaic point.

Hello all....ive got nothing to enter for January so im going to sit this one out.....nice find so far by clovis.....ill be interested see what else will be submitted for this month.
      Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        We found the same nothing. By all the rain moving in this week I might not find anything much again.

• Benji
        Benji commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey surface.....you never know...all that rain...next time you hunt may stumble across a gravel bar that is nothing but points...filling up backpacks full of them

This one should be very interesting if everyone participates. Seen allot of killer finds made on here last month. And that's just the ones that I happen to see.
      keep on keepin after

Comment

I found my first complete point January 20, 2020!!
        https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/...complete-point
        Last edited by eyesontheground; 02-10-2020, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful find ty for entering it

• Bloody Fourth
          Bloody Fourth commented
          Editing a comment
          That is a fantastic first complete find! You are probably hooked for life and dreaming of pointy rocks now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	423039 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	423168
        I found these in a creek after high water and lots of wind really stirred things up. haven’t had such a productive hunt in a few years. Super happy to have found several different types of points, as well as some pottery and tools.! Central North Carolina finds. Happy hunting!

I found this a few weeks ago and posted it but I don’t know how to repost the link. But anyways I will enter this one as my find of the month. I really like the pinkish inclusion or color this one has. Central North Carolina creek find.
        Last edited by Bloody Fourth; 02-11-2020, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          It's a nice one but you have to put up 2 pics and if you pm a mod they can add the link for you. Good luck

• Kentucky point
          Kentucky point commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll wait until 12:00 or later tomorrow to post the contest...

Thought I would jump into the fray . I’m entering my tool cache/stash this site has produced numerous stone tools and two caches so far. There’s 2 pitted nutting/hammer stones,1 Mano (guartz), 3pestle (could be used for grinding too) , 1 Anvil. I added a nutting stone after I went back to check cache area (there could be more will go in that direction on Sunday)and have a video towards end of the post link. Some great points in this one. https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/...s-pottery-bead

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice pics of the divot stones they don't even look used. Perfect examples

• Bloody Fourth
          Bloody Fourth commented
          Editing a comment
          I really like the pitted hammer stones. Very cool hardstone finds.

Maybe KP will start the contest soon? I bet he is busy building snow men.
        NW Georgia,

Comment

• Kentucky point
          Kentucky point commented
          Editing a comment
          Busy, yes, snowmen no. I'm getting to it today. I've been traveling places for the past week. Sorry about the delay.

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Probably been using the driving skills testing out the tires, freedom

Dang, guess I missed out on another one.
        Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Working...
        X