Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April Find of the Month entry

Hard to believe how time flies...

Time for a new contest! If you had found an artifact this past April, feel free to enter it in this months contest! Remember to post at least two good pictures of your find, and the link to your original post. Entry closes May 12th.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Kentucky point,
    Very important question...how would I go about submitting one my son and I found simultaneously?
    I really want to enter his Easter miracle, but do not want to if unethical. Shall I start an account for him?
    Thank you,
    Flint
    northwestern Pennsylvania

Comment

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd try to get him an account. Cskelton did that about two years ago.

https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/general-discussion-gc5/show-and-tell-–-your-site-finds-and-in-situs-gc8/447606-accidental-celt

ill throw my hat in the ring with my Celt find
    Can’t find em sitting on the couch; unless it’s in a field

Comment

• tomf
      tomf commented
      Editing a comment
      One of the nicest I've seen.

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice New England entry!!

About two years ago my son found a great blade and it was determined that i couldnt enter him as he wasnt a member. We fixed that and the following june, a year ago, he found a spectacular paleo point. (Dirtwalkers paleo gold). He won....
    Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

• Flint Eastwood
      Flint Eastwood commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Cskeleton.
      The family nature of the hobby leads itself to such grey line group finds.
      I will look into getting him an account.
      Congrats on his Paleo!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Resized_20200511_160407.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	32.4 KB ID:	452934 Click image for larger version  Name:	Resized_20200427_125645.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	60.4 KB ID:	452935 Guess I will add my little Woodland point I found. North Georgia.
    Monday Funday is the title and I still haven't been able to add the link little help please.
    Last edited by SurfaceHunter; 05-11-2020, 03:25 PM.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	8D49AAD1-6B9E-4971-831C-09911F04634F.jpeg
Views:	223
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	451535 Some good finds I saw posted in April so am excited to see all the entries. Here’s my possible lost lake I found mid April I’ll enter!

Had a great day today in a new spot. I drive over this creek 6 days a week for work and have always wondered what I might find there. Gave the owner some jalapeño cheddar deer sausage logs to help persuade him to let me search! Anyway didn’t find hardly anything but the broken adena looking point on the way downstream ..

Attached Files
    Johnson county Missouri

Comment

That's a good one Nate
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• NOTCHEDNate
        NOTCHEDNate commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you sir!

I'll put one in, it's been too long since I've had anything to enter.
      Central Ohio

Comment

Well, I might as well try out with this one. was found in a dried up creek and can’t believe that the tip is still that in tact

Comment

• NOTCHEDNate
        NOTCHEDNate commented
        Editing a comment
        Don’t forget the link to your original April post when you found this beauty! What a find!!

• oldrocks2
        oldrocks2 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a crazy cool point, looks like jasper , Don't find much of it here but have found 2. over the years. Nice find.

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Should of posted that when you found it. Please read the rules lots of new members. Its a beautiful find.

Oops sorry that sucks... that’s my bad habit of not paying attention

Comment

Im going to enter this point because.....well its my only point find in april....ive got some hefty competition so far...but ill throw it out there anyway....good luck all

https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/...he-river-point Click image for larger version

Name:	20200426_164155.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	452100 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200426_164225.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	452101
        Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for doing the link for mine Benji

Click image for larger version

Name:	9FFED522-1E4B-45D1-85FD-DC99213A65B8.png
Views:	315
Size:	413.5 KB
ID:	452138 Click image for larger version

Name:	14D3D887-DEFD-4631-A026-E2F6B40148A9.png
Views:	290
Size:	424.9 KB
ID:	452137

Comment

Sorry don’t know how to put the link up thanks guys thought I would try it.

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          I knew there was something good found in April now I remember. I don't know how to do the link either don't feel bad.

• NOTCHEDNate
          NOTCHEDNate commented
          Editing a comment
          If you log in and go to your profile .. go to your recent posts and find the original post that you are wanting to enter. Once you are on that page of your post you want to enter, just copy the website url on the very top . And then just paste it here on this somewhere. It automatically turns it into a hyperlink once you post it .

Thanks nate I am doing all my stuff on a phone don’t have a computer.

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm right with you on that. I don't see a url on my post

• Benji
          Benji commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey dreamhunter....i post via phone as well.....every page, post, on a website has an url address...if you look at top of your phone on any page you should see a bubble with the address....if you hold your finger on that bubble you should then see an option that looks like a small square....if you click that small square it should say url copied.....then in your text box when you want to copy the url ....hold your finger in the text box....you should see a prompt that says "paste"....your copied url should paste in the text box....if you find your post....you can copy your url and then paste in text box for your find of the month....hope this helps
          Last edited by Benji; 05-09-2020, 02:52 PM.

I’ll toss in my first really good find. Big beautiful Bayport chert blade from Michigan. Lots of great entries so far!

My wife and I went for a stroll through a cornfield today looking for artifacts. I was stopped in my tracks when a saw a bit of color in the ground. I yelled at my wife to take a look at what I had found before I pulled it. I was totally blown away. I’m still new to the hobby so this was an extra special find. I believe it is
        Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          It's a good one when did you find it?
      Working...
      X