July Find of the month entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July Find of the month entry

Time to enter your July finds for a chance to win find of the month! Please post two good photos of your find, and the link to you original post that you showed it for the first time. Entry ends August 10th.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

I'll throw mine in before the smokers get posted and I change my mind. Possible Dalton era blade
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200704_115232_resize_42.jpg Views:	1 Size:	77.1 KB ID:	475326 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200704_115342_resize_57.jpg Views:	1 Size:	83.8 KB ID:	475327
    Last edited by flintguy; 08-03-2020, 11:34 AM.
    Central Ohio

Comment

Not so sure on this guy. I'm torn between maybe a failed North blade or...something older like a transitional/ Dalton preform? Big difference in age I realize. I found it on my second site that has hinted at being an older location. I haven't found anything definitive (older looking uniface tools) and I've only been able to
      Central Ohio

Comment

• flintguy
        flintguy commented
        Editing a comment
        sorry if the link is showing up as a separate post. Copied it in the first one.

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice find

Click image for larger version

Name:	307B5FCD-0069-46B1-B31F-974E52944234.jpeg
Views:	218
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	475439 Click image for larger version

Name:	E7CDBA22-B8CA-44F5-99D5-2764F198B4D9.jpeg
Views:	205
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	475440 The ā€œfreakā€...... right at 3 1/2ā€
      found on 7-12....in show and tell
      iphone will not let me copy link.....āœŒļø
      Southeastern Minnesotaā€™s driftless area

Comment

That thing already has two nicknames. The "freak" and the "platypus". Going to get some votes.
      Central Ohio

Comment

Upon request...and oldie but a goodiešŸ˜‰.....jk....i consider this by far the best find i had for July....actually for the year thus far....although July was really a great month for me.....id like to submit this for find of the month.
        https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/.../471558-clovis Click image for larger version  Name:	20200803_210757.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.7 KB ID:	475501 Click image for larger version  Name:	20200803_210657.jpg Views:	0 Size:	206.7 KB ID:	475502
        Last edited by Benji; 08-03-2020, 09:22 PM.
        Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

• Jethro355
          Jethro355 commented
          Editing a comment
          Benji...I usually weigh age versus beauty, but this one has it all. Iā€™m in love with this point. Iā€™m going to steal everyoneā€™s mail in ballot and stuff the box.šŸ˜‡

• Hal Gorges
          Hal Gorges commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, I missed it or donā€™t remember..

• Kentucky point
          Kentucky point commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol, best I've heard all day Jethro!

Killer..........šŸ‘€......just killer....šŸ‘
        Southeastern Minnesotaā€™s driftless area

Comment

Going to be hard to pick some good ones posted already. I don't think I I found anything but pottery last month.
          NW Georgia,

Comment

Last day to enter!

Comment

Contest will be up and running by this evening.

Comment

Working...
              X