New Years Day Giveaway!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Day Giveaway!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	1AD10062-2909-4659-BDB2-B40C16C47B76.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	172.4 KB ID:	521127 Click image for larger version  Name:	9CC82B55-FE98-40C6-BB34-7AA8AD745964.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	99.0 KB ID:	521126 Click image for larger version  Name:	488A63CC-57E7-44A3-A3E2-363749FD53F4.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	79.7 KB ID:	521123 Click image for larger version  Name:	B07E9ADE-B5C9-422D-B28D-0C096DF457D7.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	89.1 KB ID:	521124 Click image for larger version  Name:	CEA67168-01C7-4E03-9ED5-D9DDA90FD92E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	131.6 KB ID:	521125 Guess the weight of these fine Texas Tools I found this past week while visiting family . One is a beautiful example of a flake blade. The other is what I would call a chopper and would have been great at cutting up the huge Buffalo and deer and getting into manageable quarters ect. The kerrville knives/fist axe are much more detailed than this. Can guess in grams . I’ll leave it open until Wednesday 8 pm eastern ! Whoever is closest gets it. Both of the artifacts came from butches @ Camp Live Oak pay dig in Real County Texas .

Nice of ya and would be a good find if won from Iowa . No idea but will throw out 175 gms.
    SE IA

Comment

340 grams? I wish I would have paid attention in math class about now.
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Hey Aaron, This is a fun contest. That's some nice looking material the artifacts are made of. I'm going to resist making a guess. I would probably hammer them into knife blades; couldn't help myself.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CFE3DD9A-8CB2-4242-9256-36C8F3770BE7.jpeg
Views:	172
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	521307
        Originally posted by Ron Kelley View Post
        Hey Aaron, This is a fun contest. That's some nice looking material the artifacts are made of. I'm going to resist making a guess. I would probably hammer them into knife blades; couldn't help myself.
        You can do what you want with them just don’t pull a rookie move like I did today and have your finger underneath your striking plat form with a 200 mile an hour razor blade flies out and slices top of your knuckle off

Comment

• Ron Kelley
          Ron Kelley commented
          Editing a comment
          Ever since my mishap I wear cut-resistant gloves. I know a lot of knappers don't like to wear gloves but stone cuts are no fun. I saw a guy who had several stitches in his arm from a stone cut. While doing percussion work those flakes fly off at extreme speed like you said. And some of those flakes are sharper than a razor blade.

• Havenhunter
          Havenhunter commented
          Editing a comment
          😳🤢 279g

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          Now, if a “striking platform” was what I thot it was 4 mths ago (surface y’all used to hold or steady soon-to-be point so couldn’t go skittering across the room .....kinda like a modern cupstone, a special table with a vise), then THIS would not have happened!

153 gr
        SW Connecticut

Comment

196 g
          Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Nice looking material SGT. I’m going to go with 396 grams. Cool contest thanks for doing it and giving me a shot at winning some material that I don’t have in my neck of the woods
            Warren County New Jersey

Comment

316 grams is just a guess
              NW Georgia,

Comment

222 grams
                South Carolina

Comment

250 grams

Comment

Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

Someone’s real close within 8.5 grams. Last chance to enter before 8 pm eastern .

Comment

You are fun!

145 grams

Comment

204 grams
                          South Carolina

Comment

Working...
                          X