December Find of the Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December Find of the Month

Welcome to the first contest of 2021! This contest is for those who found artifacts in December of 2020.

We had a great year last year pertaining to artifacts, and I hope we do even better this year! I cannot guarantee I can do the contests throughout the whole year, because I'm either getting a job, or joining the army, but I will try.

So, without any further delay, feel free to enter in this months contest! Please post at least two good pictures of your find, and remember to add the link to yoour original post. If you need help, just holler. Entry closes Jan. 15th.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

I'm not sure how to do the link so here is what I have. Mattern / New Years hunt, 12/31/20 Black Penns Creek chert (Local). Fluted Knife form. Or Basel thinned. Kim
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2781[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	91.3 KB ID:	522493 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2800[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	98.0 KB ID:	522494 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2797[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	93.4 KB ID:	522495

Edit: here’s the link: https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/...years-eve-hunt
    Last edited by CMD; 01-05-2021, 07:23 PM.
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

It's broken, but this scottsbluff would have been something. I stare at it regularly. Lol

Of course, the good end was sticking out. I died a little inside when I flipped the broke end out. Dont get me wrong, I am thrilled to have this broke Scotty....but yall know what I mean. Ill post a clean up pic of my haul from the day tomorrow. Spoiler alert: heartbreaker #2 was a midsection (a gorgeous one) of a St. Mary's
      Attached Files
      Austin TX

Comment

Found this Means and submitted pics and measurements (along w/ an excellent example from Lindenmeier-Man that he found 30 years ago) to projectilepoints.net to flesh out their Means information. Here's the post from December:

At "Mano Farm" (my best permission site), I decided to see how far the West Pipeline Hill campsite extended to the south. This is a recently buried pipeline in the middle of a failed cotton patch due to drought. Most of my points have been along the pipeline. Well, the south side did not disappoint with several brokes

Midland Co, TX - "My neck hurts from looking down!"

Comment

• bl101
          bl101 commented
          Editing a comment
          Talk about craftsmanship. Really nice find!!

• TexAg
          TexAg commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks bl101, and Surface. I can’t imagine knapping something that small!

• UpNorth
          UpNorth commented
          Editing a comment
          That is one sweeet li’l point...👍

Thats a tiny point tex
        NW Georgia,

Comment

I guess I will add my Dalton I found in December it was a toss up with the Cobb's knife I found last week. The Dalton is the oldest find i had all year and I found it with a friend. We had a heck of an adventure that day. Good times and better memories. Click image for larger version  Name:	20201224_214920.jpg Views:	17 Size:	51.6 KB ID:	522823 Click image for larger version  Name:	Resized_20201218_123301.jpeg Views:	12 Size:	66.9 KB ID:	522824 Click image for larger version  Name:	Resized_20201218_155003.jpeg Views:	12 Size:	39.6 KB ID:	522825
          Well just when I had given up on finding another good one for 2020 I decided to go and look for the old farmhouse the owner had told me about. A friend of mine went with me cause there is no house for miles out there and not hardly any phone reception unless you are standing on top of this mountain hence the picture. After we

Last edited by Kentucky point; 01-08-2021, 07:20 AM.
          NW Georgia,

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Well thanks Red I had to look that word up.

• UpNorth
            UpNorth commented
            Editing a comment
            Great looking find surf...👍

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks north

I will throw in the Perkiomen I found December 1st it’s made from Argillite and quite weather worn but still nice. Maybe I will actually get one vote this month lol http://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/g...men#post511250
          Warren County New Jersey

Comment

• HBird
            HBird commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Tex

• UpNorth
            UpNorth commented
            Editing a comment
            Sweet find birdman....✌️

• HBird
            HBird commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Up-north

I'll go ahead and throw in my Dalton find. Had a great day helping my cousin put up some fencing. Decided to hit the creek on his property afterwards and got rewarded with the bad boy.

Comment

https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/...inions-on-type
            Last edited by bl101; 01-15-2021, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
              SurfaceHunter commented
              Editing a comment
              Might want to add the other pic 101

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep, I need one more.

I toss this in Delta Side Notched Click image for larger version

Name:	PC251463.JPG
Views:	257
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	523535

Comment

Contest will go up today.
            "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Working...
            X