Find of the month entry for June 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find of the month entry for June 2021

Please post two good photos of the artifact and the link to your original post where you first showed us your artifact. Entry ends July15th. To clarify the artifact must be found in the month listed . For instance this contest is for finds from the month June 2021. Good luck !

Please note; New amendment to the rules enhancing photographs is no longer allowed. We all like to do our best with photography. However changing the shape or enhancing the background will not be allowed moving forward. Thanks for understanding .
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Nuther One’s Game Ball

Link to June 2021 Speechless
    Nuther One’s last week of school will be one for the books... My son scored not only his best day for quantity, but also quality. Among his finds are: -Game Ball (I believe a chungke ball) -Drilled Slate Winged Banner stone Piece -Handful of points, many whole and high quality In my 38 years (many of which I hunted), this
    Attached Files
    northwestern Pennsylvania

Comment

That’s a good entry flint.
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• Flint Eastwood
        Flint Eastwood commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Surface!
        However, I have witnessed fine flint top stone artifacts time and time again…
        Having to debate and decide which to put forth is a fine problem to have!

Pickwick Blade
      Attached Files
      🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope you win this time Mike I think you have entered almost as many times I have

• antmike915
        antmike915 commented
        Editing a comment
        Would be cool, if that happens it will be the 3rd time in a row a Georgia artifact has won.

• Tam
        Tam commented
        Editing a comment
        Got those what I call coke cap serrations. Very unprofessional We made it up . But like mine last month . So deep ! Monster

Going with my Golondrina found in the sand dunes. Paleo: 9000-7000 YBP.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7710-1.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	566474Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7890.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	566475

TexArt & I tried to drive out to the Dunes yesterday, but severe thunderstorms in the area turned us back. He had to work today, so I went out by myself. The sand was packed hard after about 2 inches of rain. Within 15 minutes, I found a re-sharpened Bell dart point. Then a half hour later a sweet Golondrina. Both are
      Midland Co, TX - "My neck hurts from looking down!"

Comment

Some good finds so far congratulations to all of you. I have to sit this one out just didn’t find anything really good
        NW Georgia,

Comment

• Mailman
          Mailman commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeahhhhh....I got nothing. Not one find to post in June.

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          Whiny rich boys!😘

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          CC you are to funny 😄

Click image for larger version  Name:	8567AB3B-5B4A-477E-9727-AD47BC5F3570.jpeg Views:	22 Size:	133.1 KB ID:	566617Click image for larger version  Name:	33D0F2A3-14D1-4461-A11F-459571D860EB.jpeg Views:	21 Size:	99.4 KB ID:	566616 Gotta go with this knife for the month of June…✌️
        https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/...️#post565496
        Last edited by Hoss; 07-02-2021, 10:56 AM.
        Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice steak knife look

• Missouri Jake
          Missouri Jake commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, absolutely love the color and the way depth is pulled right from shadow..... Wow that was a master at work.

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          This so beautiful! Looks bronze, like jewelry-store bronze!

Gonna throw in the reworked pelican lake, for your consideration!!
        We went up to the spot in the logging roads that maddie found that awesome knife last spring. Wife found this very unique point. I really like it...I think it's a pelican lake point that is EXTREMELY resharpened. Needle tip!!! She found 2 other points as well. Liam (dirtwalker) found one of the nicest scrapers I've seen.
        Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

• Mattern
          Mattern commented
          Editing a comment
          Another great one Chad. K

Click image for larger version

Name:	perdiz 007.JPG
Views:	297
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	567158Click image for larger version

Name:	perdiz 008.JPG
Views:	302
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	567159 Hope Y'all liked this one as much as me. If she wins, I'll share a pict of the frame she ended up in,
        Last edited by KrisRock; 07-04-2021, 12:54 PM. Reason: Sorry,...Thought it was two picts of the artifact and a hotspot to the orig post.
        Central TX

Comment

• Hoss
          Hoss commented
          Editing a comment
          Please use the first two photos from your original post. We made a new rule that enhanced photos will not be allowed and these both might fall under that category.

• Hoss
          Hoss commented
          Editing a comment
          Kris thank you for your kind response. I also thank you for your note today letting me know the other pics were not photoshopped. As I understand it you just shot the photos on top of a glass table top to show translucency of this fine point. You may again use those photos. Thanks again and have fun.

Went up to San Saba over the weekend and braved the 98 Degree heat. It was worth it. Missing a little off one ear but the birdies are fragile, Almost looks like pink crystal, made on a flake perdiz 007.JPGperdiz 008.JPGperdiz 011.JPGperdiz 015.JPGper 005.JPG . I think I'll put her in a frame... Enjoy Y'all. Stay cool.
        Central TX

Comment

Guess I will put in my resharpened Hopewell point made from Chalcedony. https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/...ind#post563569
          Warren County New Jersey

Comment

Just to be clear this contest is here for fun. I amended the contest last month and asked that no one alter photos. One member this month looked like he had photos that were altered to me. I asked him to use two from his original post. I asked that because those two photos in the original topic were awesome and they let the artifact speak for itself. He can use any new photos as long as they look like they have not been photo shopped or any other edits to add color or fade background.. To be clear we ask for two photos in this contest along with a link back to the original post. We ask for the link to the original post so we know it is that months find. Other than that use any photo you like, cleaned up, good focus and lighting as long as it is that artifact from that post. Changing the background by either fading or adding color could change the shape of the artifact. We do not want to see photoshop or glitz we want to see nice artifacts found by you in the month described in the contest heading. If your original topic had poor photos it is ok to take new photos and add them. Have fun and good luck to all. I love seeing each and every entry.
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Tomorrows the deadline fellas, if you have anything left to enter, do it now!
              "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Found this July 3 pictures don't really do it justice 4 1/16 long with streaks of opalised oyster shell. Thought I would post it for fun. Some beautifully Entry's this month Good Luck !!!!https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/...nsey-quartsite
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Bullheadtee; 07-14-2021, 12:06 PM.
                New Jersey

Comment

• Kentucky point
                  Kentucky point commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This contest is for finds found in June. You can enter it in next months contest

• Hoss
                  Hoss commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ethan he wrote July but his original post was June 3rd just a typo error so put this one in for June Please.

Contest will be going up shortly.
                "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Working...
                X