Member of the Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member of the Year

There are four real great members to choose from, but I think we have ignored a group that devotes their time on this site, and by far, dedicate many hours to the betterment of this site. You know them! They are a core membership that, day in and day out do the things that make this a great site. Each and every one of them could hold member of the year by themselves. I think it’s more fitting to recognize them as a group for the first “Member of the Year”. Their names are as follows:
    Ray: Username (rmartin) Ray Calls home central Illinois. Ray’s stats say it all. Most posts on this site, most thank member. A respected member for his knowledge, and is always giving support.

Greg: Username (gregszybala) Greg is from Northern Indiana. Greg has been the member that has taken on the members that have posted their holy grail of artifacts, and has gently told them they have posted a rock. He always calls them like he sees them. Greg tempers this with encouragement.
    With his sons.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0016 [replaced].jpg
Views:	80
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	205286

Charlie: Username (CMD) Charlie comes from Rhode Island. Charlie is where the news of archeology comes to the site. Always current with what is happening around the world, and in our own back yard.

Chris: Username (cgode) Chris is from Connecticut. He is the go to guy, if we need a rock or eppigy certified. But in all fairness, Chris is the member that offers encouragement to new members that are just starting out.

Matt: Username (Hoss) Matt is a Connecticut transplanted to Tennessee. Our unsung hero. Most all do not know what all Matt does. But if you have found this site because of Facebook, you have Matt to thank. Matt wears many hats, but keeps this site clean of unwanted spammers, our watchdog.

Roger: Username (Painshill) across the pond is where we find Roger in the country of England. Most all members have marveled at the information this one man can hold, but I got news for everyone. Roger is actually a cat. Although no one really knows what he looks like, I had the opportunity of getting a behind the seen look.

Tom: Username (tomclark) Tom is from Florida. He is an anchor, rarely seen, but always around. He weighs in when it is needed, and always a member respected for his level head and wisdom.

Butch: Username (Butch Wilson) Butch is from the Carolina’s, home is the north state. Butch keeps our chat center active, always engaging and is the first contact for a lot of new members. Butch was a key member in bringing the Murfreesboro Ar. First annual rendezvous for Arrowheads.com and making it a success.
    Butch with texasharper

I acknowledge our members of the months Bill Anderson, Ron Kelley, Michael Green and Jay Langlais.
    But we have many more members that contribute to this site that make it great. JoshinMo, G10, Sdhunter, Jeffrey Howle, Turkeytail, CliffJ, Bone2stone. There are so many more to name, Thank you all for making this a great site!

Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Awesome post Chase!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

big thanks to the core members of the site,without you guys we wouldnt have such a great place to share all the wicked cool finds and info that people got out there to share.awesome job guys!!! RAY reminds me of a scary junior high principal(just the pic not the personality!)GREG you and your boys look like alot of fun to be around,i bet theres lots of laughs in yer house, CHARLIE my friend, you have been huge inspiration and help to me in this hobby,with out your help and advice i wouldnt have a quarter of the collection that i have now.CHRIS,im gonna be on my best behavior when i meet you!! :laugh: ,HOSS the resemblance is uncanny!RODGER....i knew it all along,i could just tell.TOM your a deadringer for a jolly rum filled pirate, and BUTCH, well..umm...i hope your still takin your pills. :laugh: (just kiddin!) awesome job guys keep up the great work!
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

wait a minute! what about you CHASE! dont think i forgot about you!(almost, no pic!) your just as much of the backbone as the rest of the guys! and you bring a crazy sense of humor to the table too! cant leave you out! big thanks to you as well!

Comment

OnewiththewilD wrote:

wait a minute! what about you CHASE! dont think i forgot about you!(almost, no pic!) your just as much of the backbone as the rest of the guys! and you bring a crazy sense of humor to the table too! cant leave you out! big thanks to you as well!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2013-12-02 [replaced].jpg
Views:	80
Size:	179.3 KB
ID:	205287

Chase thank you for all you do ! Now you need to put that weapon down before you hurt yourself !

Comment

Thanks to all of the above . They are some great guys that help out everyone.
            I will also include Chassse even though he spelled my name wrong. :crazy:  :rolf:
            All these guys have been great to me and most have gone the extra mile for me.
            I Have Never Met A Rock I Didn\'t Like

Comment

A big thank you to all those members mentioned here,  including Chase,  for helping me get started,  and doing
              all they do for this site.  They have offered a wealth of knowledge over and over again,  every time someone asks
              the same question.  I appreciated it,  and still do.   Roger kind of reminds me of Robin Masters.   
              Thanks again.    Gary
              South Dakota

Comment

Thanks to all of you for your contributions!  I have learned so much.
                BTW- Greg....that thing your holding. Sorry but its a rock. Keep looking!

Comment

I would like to thank all the members of the year for helping make this such a great site and also for all of the helpful information that you all so willingly provide. I can only speak for myself, but I know I have learned a lot since joining and really appreciate the knowledge shared. Thanks again everyone! - Eddie

Comment

Thanks for that Rob! And we almost cooked it!
                    Speaking for myself, thanks Chase for posting the above. I browse several web sites in search of more info., more education, more looks at what my fellow hunters find. But my favorite is Arrowheads.com. This site is great due to the folks here, good easy going laid back people, who go out of their way to help others and pass on their knowledge. Been a lot of new folks pass thru here, from newbies to seasoned collectors, some stay, some go. It's good to see that so many of you newer (to the site) collectors are sticking around and become part of the family too.
                    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Chase and everyone else. I have been a regular poster on other forums but I really like it here. What keeps me here is the great people and even better atmosphere. It is all about learning and the betterment of our hobby. And Jay, one more crack like that and you will see what really happens in Detention :angry:  :lol:  :laugh:
                      Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

:unsure: YES SIR! :laugh:

Comment

Ive been thinking for a day now on what to type cause I don't know any of you guys so I don't know what to say. Thank you guys is all I got really. I love this site cause we all love rocks. So thanks again for yalls knowledge and attitude towards people like Jay. I mean me. Thanks.

Comment

:rolf:  :whistle:  :rolf:

Comment

Very cool.  I'm in agreement on all.  Thanks for all you guys do.

Comment

Working...
                              X