No announcement yet.

Member of the Month of May (Mainejman)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member of the Month of May (Mainejman)

Jay Lox (Mainejman), is our guide into Maine’s archaic maritime past. The artifacts are second to none. We have the front row seat to see these artifacts as they are exposed. This has been a journey that I for one wait for, and watch the chapters unfold.
    Jay, congratulations on being Member of The Month of May!
    My name is Jay Lox I hail from oquawka Illinois.I am Fifty-five years old.I have lived in several states.Iowa,Illinois,Michigan,Montana,and now Maine.I believe every state has its own kind of beauty.I am and have been a single father to three boys that are my life.I raise miniature sled dogs(not).I used to be an avid hunter in Michigan and Montana.After hunting in Montana for thirteen years and moving away I just could never get back into it.There is not much that compares to hunting there.The feeling you get sitting on some mountain range can't be described unless you have experienced it.Unfortunately I never artifact hunted there.After moving back to Illinois I got into artifact hunting and the hobby followed me to Maine.Hunting here in Maine is a whole different animal.There is hardly any agriculture here which definitely makes it challenging.Rather than catching the crappy spawn in may my fishing pole stays home when I go to the stream.Being a member here is very enjoyable to me.You folks don't run when I break out my finds.I am not as active as some members on here mainly because I really am not that knowledgeable about a lot of the finds.I am learning though.I think all artifacts
    are special regardless of what they are or where they come from.Its nice to be a part of a like minded family who at the very least share the love of artifact hunting.I hope everyone enjoys my posts.They may give you an inside view of a unique New England culture the Maine maritime archaic.Thanks again for your responses and for naming me member of the month.......mjm

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed2m [replaced].jpg
Views:	428
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	215469
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Congrats Jay, always nice to see you posting.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Hey Jay, I always look forward to seeing your Maine artifacts.
      Congrats on "Member of the Month" Jay.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Congratulations Jay.
        Me, I always enjoy seeing what folks find from around the country, but your location and artifacts are quite unique. Click on your posts and it's like, Wow! Time and again.
        Thanks for sharing!
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Hey Jay, two thumbs up on your well deserved honor. I always look forward to your finds since so many are unique and have always been on my bucket list!
          Rhode Island

Comment

Congrats

Comment

right on Jay! your artifacts hold a special interest with me cause im a decendant of maines native peoples.Maine is also my favorite state to visit,i used to go every year.keep up the search buddy,the good spirits of your site are definatly on yer side!(good luck to yer buddy wildo420 too!)
              call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Congratulations Jay! A well deserved honor.
                Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Congrats. Jay well deserved!
                  east Tx.

Comment

All has been said so I'll say congrats and thank you for sharing with us
                    I Have Never Met A Rock I Didn\'t Like

Comment

Congratulations Jay well deserved. Thanks for all of your great North Eastern Posts. I really like seeing the gouges and the SLate artifacts as well.
                      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Congratulations Jay . Well deserved indeed . Love seeing the killer slate . Keep em coming .

Comment

From one end of the US to the other.
                          Congrats!
                          Unique is the appropriate word.
                          Your finds bring a perspective of the cultures
                          and diversity that you don't see elsewhere.
                          Jay you sure look a lot like my best bud.
                          Yall are about the same age too!
                          He is the one with me and the dino tracks.
                          Me on the left.
                          Welcome again to the elite bunch.
                          The metropolitan areas do not produce much either
                          so I can feel the pain of: "I wonder what's out there in that field".....
                          Jess B.
                          It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
                          It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
                          Circa:1982

Comment

Good for you Jay...always up for learning about anything north of Dixie....where’s the wagon those li’ll guys pull when it’s loaded down with points and such...What a team,!
                            Floridaboy.

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                              SurfaceHunter commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Did you bump this one up Hal? A blast from the past 2014.

• CMD
                              CMD commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Surface, it was featured in the most recent newsletter...

Congratulations Jay and look forward to more of your post!
                            SE ARKANSAS

Comment

Working...
                            X