MOTM for our Brand New Year, January 2017 gregszybala

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for our Brand New Year, January 2017 gregszybala

You guys are probably all wondering where this post is!! Well, it's a long story that I won't share here, because we are here to honor our newest MOTM. This member should have had this honor long ago, and not sure why he hasn't, but it is never too late to right a wrong. Please welcome none other than GREG as our Jan 2017 MOTM! Sorry this is late Greg, we will have to extend your month by two days I think.

I’m just your ordinary average old fart. Attended college to be a high school history teacher but I’ve been self employed as a builder for over twenty five years and in the construction industry for over forty years. Married my high school sweetheart, have three wonderful sons, two daughter in laws.
    I’ve been actively searching artifacts for a little over ten years now. There isn’t a thing I don’t love about finding an ancient piece created by a person long before my time, being the first to come across it and wonder at the who why when and how it was used. The search is as much fun as the find. I hunt LaPorte, some Porter, Jasper and Saint Joseph counties in Indiana and Berrien County in Michigan.
    The learning about all has become a bit of an obsession with me. I have maps and maps and maps, research papers, archaeological papers, books and books and books, more bookmarks and links on the computer then you can shake a stick at.
    Also one of the biggest pluses of getting into this “hobby” is the friends I have made met and walked fields with and talked artifacts with. An interesting group of people! Then there is this group. A bunch of like minded people that just want to share their finds and their knowledge, really enjoy Arrowheads.com.
    Okay, enough about me.
    Last edited by SDhunter; 02-08-2017, 08:44 PM.
    South Dakota

Long overdue and well deserved!
    Child of the tides

Comment

Figured You had already been MOTM, better now than never! You have always been easy going and "smooth",ha.
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Wow Greg - Ditto all the above. It's long overdue and very well deserved. Thanks for all you do for AH.com and all you bring to us, the members. You're truly a valued asset. Always enjoy your comments and posts. ...Chuck
        Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Congratulations Greg. Your presence on our group is a positive force. I always look forward to your posts and comments. Thanks for all you do to make the forum a really great venue for sharing our common interests.

Comment

Congratulations Greg! A very deserved honor! Thanks for all you contribute to this site as a moderator and for being a good friend whose always willing to share and lend a helping hand, im glad you are here!
            Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Agreed with all of the above. Much much overdue. One of the main guys behind the site. Very knowledgeable and helpful. Well deserved Sir.

Comment

I can not believe that it took this long to give you the recognition that you deserve Greg.

There is only one thing missing here my friend, and that is an updated picture of your mug.
                Bruce
                In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Congratulations and happy hunting!
                  N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Love your post and finds! Thanks buddy

Comment

Okay I purposely kept him from becoming MOTM! Nah I would never do that to a friend and fellow hunting bud. This has been way overdue and one person that I can say, has been so instrumental in making this site great. Greg I am so fortunate to have met you and a good friend indeed. Congratulations!
                      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Greg well deserved my friend. Some how you dodged this bullet for way too long.
                        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Congrats, Greg. This site would not be the same without you. Proud to call you friend.
                          Rhode Island

Comment

Congratulations, Greg
                            South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Hey Greg, In my eyes you are member of the century you old fart. I really like all the work you have done in the info center especially all the lithics info.
                              Michigan Yooper
                              If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Working...
                              X