MOTM for March 2017 Special Edition-Hoss-Painshill-CMD-cgode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for March 2017 Special Edition-Hoss-Painshill-CMD-cgode

It is March, a time we all start thinking about spring, new growth, and fresh starts. It's also a good month to honor some special friends. This is a long overdue edition of MOTM, where it's time to say thank you to
    the people who have made this site what it is. These people have been here as long as I remember, and contribute enormous amounts time to help all those that seek it here. Please give it up to Matt ( Hoss), Roger (Painshill), Charlie ( CMD) and Chris (cgode). There are two others that belong in this group as well. Greg, (gregsybala) already honored, and Chase, who picked himself to be MOTM already ;-)
    Being from South Dakota, I kind of think of these guys as the Mount Rushmore of Arrowhead.com. I think it would be nice if these guys would add a short bio and pic if they want. Thanks again for all you guys do.
    Last edited by SDhunter; 10-01-2017, 09:18 PM.
    South Dakota

Long overdue. Congrats to you all.

Comment

Thank you for putting this together Gary. Your analogy to Mount Rushmore is a good one.
      These folks are the pillars that hold us up. They are the roof and walls we depend on to keep the elements at bay. I personally would not be here if it were not for the encouragement and help that they all provide. Thank you each of you.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• SDhunter
        SDhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the idea to mix things up a little. 💡

congrats to each and everyone of you,its well deserved by all of you

with out you folks,this site would be just another site on the WWW
      but you folks make this the best site on the web for artifacts
      the knowledge that you all have is astonishing
      your willingness to share it is even more astonishing

you guys are the rock stars of this site
      i,as i am sure all of the member thank you

Comment

Here, here!!!
        Child of the tides

Comment

Thank you all for making this site the best on the www. It is a great place to learn, and I really appreciate all you do.
          N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Congrats to all. You have all been helpful to me on my continued search for knowledge. Thank you.

Comment

Totally agree with Gary's analogy. These guys are always there. Helping resolve problems, answering questions, giving guidance, organizing and planning. Each is unique but absolutely essential to making this website the success it is. Thanks so much for all you do and all you bring to AH.com. Without you as the core, we wouldn't be here as members.
              Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

It is because of this great group of leaders that I have a greater interest in the ancient history of the Americas. I have learned much from each of these men and have great appreciation for all they do.
                Michigan Yooper
                If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Come on you guys! Come take a bow! 😋 This has got to be the first thread in the history of this site that has gone this long with no comment from any of you guys. 🙂
                  That's really saying something. Thanks again for all the help you have given me! I have learned a lot from you all, even though I wish Roger would come around to the Vikings in the Midwest theory. 😚
                  South Dakota

Comment

Out of this group, I applaud your selection Gary. Everyone is top notch in my book. I am honored but not deserving of such. I have backed off and have become more of a infrequent poster on the site. I do try and get on daily and see what great things you all post and it is a pleasure to be apart of this forum.
                    I started hunting fifty years ago with my dad. and it did start my life of the passion history. There as a core on this site and Charlie is (CMD) that! I want to thank him for all he does. This forum has been a life l and a super highway of information which I have absorbed and learned so much.Matt (Hoss) I got to meet a month ago and he is just as you see him on the net down to earth. Roger (painshill) is a Computer and is a "CAT"which has wicked knowledge. Chris(Cgode) I will meet but have had many conversations with, Lets just say he has been through hell and back. One not mention is Ray (rmartian) A friend and one person with which I hope he does come back to the site. And Greg(gregszybala) He is a friend and one that I would and will walk a thousand miles with him in the fields. Our talks I have enjoyed. Greg is friends in deed. I just need to get him out to Colorado.....Hint......Hint!!!!!! Bio pic is three one with my daughter and one with my Grandson My son and his beautiful wife, Taken on my sons wedding.
                    I want to thank all........ EVERY member on this site REALLY you are what makes this site and why I am here! To me that whats makes this site you all are members of the month.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00027.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	271.4 KB
ID:	242698Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00089.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	230.2 KB
ID:	242699Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00086.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	250.0 KB
ID:	242700
                    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

I didn't forget about Ray, but as you said, he hasn't been on in some time. He was as you say, one of the first regular contributors. Thanks for the post Chase and photos, and you do belong with this group. Everyone deserves a sabbatical.
                      South Dakota

Comment

Thank you, friends. Your kind words are very much appreciated.
                        Rhode Island

Comment

Congratulations Guys! Really appreciate all you all do for the site and for being the backbone of this wonderful forum. I have learned from and been helped out from you guys since the day I joined the site. Glad I can share this site with guys such as yourselves and call you friends! Thanks so much!
                          Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

My hats off to all these guys. They are the glue holding this forum together. And thank you, Gary for your great idea of recognizing these people as a group for their special contributions.

Comment

Working...
                            X