MOTM for April 2017 pkfrey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for April 2017 pkfrey

There is no fooling about this one folks. We have a very deserving member being honored this month. He provides a great help to the members with questions about artifacts from his area, and patiently helps them all. I have been impressed with his posts, and am glad he is here helping out. Please welcome Paul Frey, also known as PK Frey as our MOTM for April 2017. Thank you Paul for all your contributions.

" Hello All, To those I know, and to all I have spoken to in the forum, a huge Heart Felt Thank You for the MOTM privilege! I found my first point at the ripe old age of 13, in 1964. I'm one of categories of " Old Timers " in this hobby. I surface hunted every chance I got, and built an enormous collection of field found artifacts. And then. many moons later, the points were beginning to disappear with most of the fields also giving way to destruction of some sort. About the time the market really picked up, and I realized if I want to continue upgrading, I had to start buying. But I soon realized there were those out to deceive. So I spent a lot of money on fake points. But always remember, it's OK to make mistakes. It's those mistakes that teach us in the future. So I bought a microscope, and it didn't take long to learn what to look for. That really educated me, and I'm trying to pass on what I have learned to those who are just starting in this great hobby. I also realized that nothing lasts forever, so at one point in time, again, many moons ago, I left most of my field grade artifacts go, and started collecting for investment. I'm married with two daughters, and my wife actually loves the hobby also!! But at my age, I figure my collection will be an investment for my family when I'm gone. My best recent advise for those just starting, or for anyone, with ebay, flea markets, even the artifact shows, if your buying, buy from someone you know and trust, don't always buy the story, and if you have enough money to buy a super artifact, let that one artifact go, and buy a microscope. This hobby is a lifetime of learning, but that's what makes it fun. Don't ever become addicted to artifacts, just have a passion for them, and know what each artifact represents as a small piece of ancient history, and let your mind wander to the distant past! I could write on and on and on about artifacts, but I will just pass on what I have learned to those who want to know. Thank You all again, and I'll be in touch in the forum. "
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Paul.png Views:	1 Size:	38.0 KB ID:	246193
    Last edited by SDhunter; 04-30-2017, 10:33 PM.
    South Dakota

Paul, your advice and wisdom here on the forum is greatly appreciated my friend.
    Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge so freely.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Congratulations on this well deserved Honor Paul! I have enjoyed learning from your extensive knowledg and from listening to your experiences, your a great mentor and im glad you are here!.
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Well deserved Paul. Your knowledge and experience has been invaluable to many here and we are lucky to have you.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Paul doesn't always comment but when He does it's sometimes about typology, giving His opinion and usually with a compliment. That's good posting! Thank You Paul for being a part of The Forum and sharing a bit of Your Knowledge with Us. Congrats also
          http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Hey Paul, Congrats "Member of the Month." I enjoy reading your posts.
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Paul, your MOTM is well deserved. I always enjoy your posts & pearls of wisdom. Congrats!
              Child of the tides

Comment

Paul congratulations welcome to the MOTM club. I always look forward to your posts.
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

To Everyone who decided this, a Very Heart Felt Thank You for the consideration! But I gotta say, if I was an arrowhead, and saw that face bending down to pick me up, I'd take off running! Thanks all, and I will do my best to show my appreciation for the title. I get tired at times, and a little behind, but I'll help out anyway I can with advice or information! Thank You Much, Paul
                  http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

Quality is sometimes better than quantity, and you put quality in your posts. It takes a lot of effort to explain in detail the things you have. Thanks again.
                    South Dakota

Comment

Gary, That is so true! A lot of posts I don't respond to because I don't have the knowledge of artifacts from out of my area. That's a problem, when someone finds an artifact today, by tomorrow, they know all there is. This hobby is an on going learning experience, and I advise collectors to really study, research, and learn about the prehistory in the area they collect. Someone else will know about the rest of the artifacts. This forum has members from all over. I try and stick to my area, Pa. and the north east, with posts about artifacts something I'm familiar with. Thanks Gary for your words of confidence!!

Comment

Congratulations and thanks for all your help. You rock!
                        N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

My heartiest congratulations Paul and very well deserved. I have always taken your posts to heart because there is always something I can learn from them. Thanks for your contributions to our website and for being an active member.
                          Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Hi Paul and congratulations on your selection as MOTM. Well deserved for sure. I have learned much from your informative posts and the forum benefits immensely from your presence in our group. You are one of the sharpest rocks (pun intended, LOL) among the mentors.

Comment

It's really odd the way your brain works. I can forget a person's name that I met yesterday, but I can remember a certain artifact that I saw 20 years ago!! My wife just got up, you know who I mean, oh CRAP! I forgot her name!!

Comment

Working...
                              X