MOTM for May 2017 pkurt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for May 2017 pkurt

It's so nice that we always have some deserving member being honored each month as our MOTM. It is no less the case this month. It is with the participation of folks like Kurt that make this such a great place to be. Please welcome Kurt, known as p kurt, as our newest MOTM. Thanks for all you do Kurt!

Well first off I would like thank you for being recognized as motm. I am humbled and honored. I am just a regular ol joe that got married young , started with nothing, and worked hard to raise my family. I have worked as a welder, machinist, and mechanic since I was eighteen. I now work as a lead mechanic at a chemical plant in Kentucky. I grew up hunting rabbits and deer, riding and breaking horses, and surviving two rough older brothers. I will be married twenty four years in a few months and have two sons. The eldest is fixing to graduate industrial electrician trade school and going on to get a bachelor's in business. My youngest is in ninth grade, and his friends call him smiley Cyrus, and me papa smiley cause we smile all the time. My wife has kept me in line for years and puts up with my artifact disorder. I have a room dedicated for my artifacts and she often finds my rocks in the wash, counters, tables, bathroom, and pretty much everywhere. She thinks I am nuts from time to time like when I am walking in the worst conditions. She is my biggest critic, no mid ground for her. when I bring pieces home it's crude, busted, junk, or oh that's a nice one. Lol, anyhow I am in my forties and have been hunting artifacts for around ten years now. It is my primary hobby and has kept from gaining too much weight over the years. When I am at work or have some down time I am checking out this site. I don't do facebook or other social media so this site is pretty much it for me. I like to see what other people are finding and appreciate all the educated and experienced opinions that are given on this site. It is enjoyable for me to share my finds and interact with folks that share the same passion for artifact hunting as I do. I hope maybe to meet some of the folks on here some day in person. Thanks again, I am honored and humbled.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Kurt.png Views:	1 Size:	55.6 KB ID:	248897
    Last edited by SDhunter; 05-31-2017, 10:38 PM.
    South Dakota

Kurt, that is a fine looking family you have my friend you must be very proud of those boys.
    I am pleased to see you being honored this way Kurt. It is well deserved.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Congrats Kurt, well deserved.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Congratulations Kurt. AS Gary said, your contributions to this site are what make it great. You are truly deserving of the MOTM honor.
        Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

I am the one that is honored and humbled to have a member such as you .....Thanks Man for sharing!
          Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Kurt...Congrats to you. All the best for the month of May.

Comment

Hi Kurt, Choosing a MOTM is sometimes a difficult choice, so many members deserve it. It happens to be you this month, and well deserved!! Great photo!
              http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

Hi Kurt. Adding my congratulations to those of the rest of this crew. I enjoy your posts and I especially like all those dandy early Archaic pieces that you find. Fine looking family Now which one is the old man? Everyone looks so young.

Comment

• p kurt
                  p kurt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It must be the distance of the picture, it's the shortest one in the dress. Lol.

Congratulations PKurt! Well deserved honor! Your Bio is very relatable to me. I always enjoy seeing your finds and your down to earth personality and opinions. Im glad you are here with us!

Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

When Is my time again, Sorry Kurt don't want to rush youGreat to have you as MOTM

Comment

Congratulations well deserved!
                    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Originally posted by chase View Post
                      When Is my time again, Sorry Kurt don't want to rush youGreat to have you as MOTM

Chase, I guess you could take over the reins again for a month, and nominate yourself like you did last time. 😋
                      South Dakota

Comment

don't temp me I just might lol you do such a great service I would never take that way from you but if you feel the need to ask me I am willing

Comment

South Dakota

Comment

Thanks again Kurt! Nice family picture you shared.
                            South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                            X